2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts

I removed the cover found out the white plastic part and very loose spring made a lot of noise. Basically, when I knock the rest part of B pillar, the spring will make noise, some times driving on the coarse road surface, and even too windy will make spring vibrate and make noise. Don't know what can i do since the dealership not going to do anything with it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is correct, I fixed my in the same way.

I fixed mine so far by sticking some foam double sticky tape between the inner metal door and rubber moulding. I saw the car already has a thin piece of black foam there so I just doubled up.

·
Registered
124 Posts
have the dealership do it. mine applied insulation padding on some contact points inside the cover.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have some rattling noise from the driver side like something is not enough tight.

maybe in the windows projector or the seatbelt fixation. I’m gonna do some tests today on the road because I hav nothing to do like everyone #stupidvirus

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a look at this today too as I have a slight rattle on the drivers side. Unfortunately there are a few things it could be in there. There are two springs. One to tension the height adjuster (white plastic) and there is also a second one that holds the seat belt fascia adjustment plate in place (black plastic). There is a felt pad that puts pressure on this so that it doesn't vibrate when it moves up and down. It may be that the felt needs to be thicker to stop rattling. The other thing I noticed, which you can see in Oscura's photo, is that there is a two part black metal track that moves up and down as you adjust the height. On its lower settings there seems to be a bit more play between these two pieces. It isn't obvious as to how you would fix this without hampering the slide mechanism but perhaps some thicker grease to hold the two parts together could work. Will see how it goes and apply one of both of these fixes if it gets worse.

·
Registered
14 Posts
After taking one b-pillar apart to have a look and putting it back together my rattle seems to have gone. I had a slight rattle from both sides and there is only one simple thing I did to the b-pillar that may have made a difference. At the top of the b-pillar you will see an rectangular piece with Airbag written on it. This piece is a cover and underneath it is the attachment screw that holds the top of the b-pillar cover to metal b-pillar behind it. When I put it back in place I added some tesa adhesive cloth tape behind the cover so that it clipped in more securely. From memory it is the 18mm wide tesa tape. Since doing that I haven't heard any more rattles. It could be that this piece rattles around against the plastic b-pillar itself given how small and light it is and how small the mounting tabs are. If you use a plastic trim removal tool to take it off and then apply a small piece of tesa or even electrical tape it may help address this. It is a simple one minute job so give it a go. If you are hearing a rattle towards the top of the b-pillar this may be your issue.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts