2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
6141 - 6158 of 6158 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
@Cleoz
I replaced the halogen headlights with LED with ALH on my M6 17 USA. Now DRLs work only when the car is moving. I didn't change anything in BCM, only IC and FSC. Maybe it's different on the M2 and CX-3 ...
@tirexzed
But before changing the headlights, did you already have the DRL?
In my case, with the halogen headlights, I had no DRL

It's normal behavior - but not only when moving . If you shift Park to drive and start moving then DRL on until Park again or handbrake on
@rixm6
Do they light up a certain speed or just when the car start to move?

·
Registered
614 Posts
DRL always starts lighting on beyond 20kmph speed & extinguishes upon hand brake or transmission lever shifting to Parking.

It would be a miracle if You can find in two lines of M2/CX3/MX5 BCMM settings all the features present in F-BCM & R-BCM of the other Mazda models. As in reality they're certainly there inside, but nobody can reach them 'cause they're hidden.
The easiest chance to solve the problem would be to acquire BCMM module from M2/CX3 (appropriately) with the necessary features already present there.
When someone has better idea - welcome to discuss!
Whoever doubts - check the list of the features present in F-BCM & R-BCM tabs of excel file & try to explain us how can they fit into the two lines of BCMM settings, which have most of them bytes already discovered

·
Registered
19 Posts
DRL always starts lighting on beyond 20kmph speed & extinguishes upon hand brake or transmission lever shifting to Parking.

It would be a miracle if You can find in two lines of M2/CX3/MX5 BCMM settings all the features present in F-BCM & R-BCM of the other Mazda models. As in reality they're certainly there inside, but nobody can reach them 'cause they're hidden.
The easiest chance to solve the problem would be to acquire BCMM module from M2/CX3 (appropriately) with the necessary features already present there.
When someone has better idea - welcome to discuss!
Whoever doubts - check the list of the features present in F-BCM & R-BCM tabs of excel file & try to explain us how can they fit into the two lines of BCMM settings, which have most of them bytes already discovered
@Nikodim
That is precisely the problem in these models ... I have compared the BCMM backups that have been published throughout this thread and there are no more differences (beyond those already discovered), except for a one bit that I saw there...

I have in my possession another BCMM from another M2 with the same part number as mine, but with revision D (mine is C). I have not wanted to test yet since the donor car is RHD and mine is LHD, but I think I have no choice but to take a chance and see what happens

·
Registered
614 Posts
Considering that upto the moment no LHD/RHD bit discovered in F-BCM/R-BCM there's a chance that in BCMM keeps the same. The main differences could be in region/models//brake-light/fog-light/central-lock/2-step-lock/intrusion-sensor/bodystyle/ADL/auto-lighting/rain-sensing/DRL/bambi/auto-manual/halo-LED/headlight-washers/ESS/e.t.c.
The risk of eventual LHD/RHD dependency is minimal

Reactions: Cleoz

·
Registered
19 Posts
A separate query on the BCMM topic... Does anyone know how the auto level module works without the sensor? Where does the module get the information to be able to level? I understand that in previous versions there was a sensor installed at the rear...

I'm talking about the version without AFS, with part number D23N51225 (M2/CX3)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Actually it means "without external level sensor" because in reality the later models have that sensor already integrated inside the module. For that reason that module has to be installed properly without inclination forward/back

Reactions: Cleoz

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys!

My EUDM 2017 Mazda6 has no MRCC unfortunatelly, just the normal cruise controll. It's very annoying the the regular CC changes the speed in 1kph steps, while the MRCC changes the speed in 10 kph steps when you press the buttons for a longer time. My question is: did anybody got the speed changing steps to 10kph while holding the button in a car with regular cruise controll, but without the other MRCC functions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to express my sincere gratitude to everyone who has helped me to activate the auto lock menu on my 2016 CX-5 (UK). The excel calculator tutorial by SergSlim was worth watching and recommended to anyone starting off.

Here's my both the original & modified R_BCM data, in effort to assist someone else:

ORIGINAL:
;Block 1
7B7G1G19D520006E196
7B7G1G2A501C3600892
7B7G1G3003892109C
;Block 2
7B7G2G10038109850F1
;Block 3
7B7G3G100C2

MODIFIED:
;Block 1
7B7G1G19DD20006E116
7B7G1G2A501C36020AA
7B7G1G3003892109C
;Block 2
7B7G2G10038109850F1
;Block 3
7B7G3G100C2

For some reason, it blew my central locking motor fuse upon first use but that could be just a coincidence.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Certainly yes, these values only accompany the radar enabling values of the line 720-04-17.
0000 here could mean that radar market values belong to JP & only in case when your 720-04-17 B2>10

·
Registered
614 Posts
Nobody can tell You what exactly function every value here corresponds.
The statement just is, that the same radar model in different market areas has different settings in these bytes. Therefore, if You retrofit radar from M6 2017 US (or from any other market area) into your M6 2017 US, better to apply similar settings exactly as they should have been set in original vehicle for US market

·
Registered
231 Posts
hi, few years ago i have read trough some pages and now i'm coming back for advice. i would like to turn off i-stop function permanetly so i dont have to press button every time after starting. i had some links for excel table but cant find it. i have forscan and elm adapter with switch. can someone help me out :) ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello!
A question... Mazda 2 equips only the first generation of FSC?
I plan to retrofit my car with this FSC model

·
Registered
19 Posts
hi, few years ago i have read trough some pages and now i'm coming back for advice. i would like to turn off i-stop function permanetly so i dont have to press button every time after starting. i had some links for excel table but cant find it. i have forscan and elm adapter with switch. can someone help me out :) ?
I don't have i-stop on my M2, but according to the tutorial in the Excel file, you need to modify:

SSU - 731-01-01 B1
SSU - 731-01-02 B0
IC - 720-01-01 B2

The excel file

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hello!
A question... Mazda 2 equips only the first generation of FSC?
I plan to retrofit my car with this FSC model
Actually, since 2019 they have started equipping M2 with FSC-2g. also.
For instance - 3MDDJ6HD60M405269 (M2/2019/Skypassion/EU/LHD/Hybrid).
Japanese vehicles started earlier.
But for original M2 with FSC-2g. there are much more changes also in IC module. You can compare the afore mentioned VIN settings with yours.

It can happen that just entering the correct settings for FSC & correct HBC/LDWS/LAS/SCBS (with proper Steering/ABS modules) + settings into IC would make it alive & running. But nobody has made these steps before

6141 - 6158 of 6158 Posts