2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
For the experts: what's the deal with ASbuilt for the new M3 2019? I ran a few VIN numbers I got from carfax and none are valid.
Anyone knows? Is there any other website to run vin numbers? or is not longer accessible.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm struggling to code coming/leaving home lights on my 2014 Mazda3. Could someone take a look at my coding:

Original:
07 B7 01 03 00 18 90 00 6A

New code:
07 B7 01 03 00 F8 92 10 5C

I am getting no new options appearing on the infotainment system under lights.
Possible cause you put an illegal value for the Light default setting time try 001 = 30secs
07 B7 01 03 00 38 92 10 9C

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hello

Can anyone check this problem, please?

My car is cx-3 diesel 2017 (JM7DK2WSA01307753). I have installed the mrcc radar and I have SBS option, but my mrcc can not reduce the speed when the car is closing to another car. The mrcc just cancels my accelerator.

I have checked the code of the error.

Can anyone help me my issue?
I think you are better off reading and posting here MRCC. When you change IC config you need to change overall checksum in block 4, excel file does it for you.
Did you relearn SBS and ABS? Did you align radar with a corner reflector? all DTC must be clear before aiming.

·
Registered
260 Posts
It worked.
Thank you!

However it only works once for every ignition cycle. Let me explain.
1) Turn on the engine
2) Start driving and doors lock
3) Put back to Parking and doors unlock
4) Start driving again and nothing happens any more.

If I shut down the engine and start again it works only for one cycle until the next shut down.
Is it normal?
No

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi guys, does anyone know if ASbuilt coding is available/possible on the new 2019 M3?
It should but I was asked from a friend to look into and I enter his Vin number in Japan's database and it showed invalid, I tried with other Vin numbers m3 2019 I found online same problem. I posted here but nothing, a this point we need someone to attach the ODB and retrieve AsBuilt to analyze the code.
Try your Vin number maybe it's available now AsbuiltSearch

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi,

I own a CX-5 2016 (EU) and I've tried to enable Auto Door Lock in R_BCM, but apparently nothing changed. I can't see any new item in the menu.

In 7B7-01-01 B1 I changed b7 from "0" to "1".
In 7B7-01-02 B4 I changed b3 1->0 and b5 0->1.
Both checksums calculated by the Excel file from SergSlim.

Did I forget anything?

Thank you in advance!
You forgot to change 7B7-02-01. Bellow is my car default config to 1010,yours probably is set all 0's NA.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hmm ok, I'm still comtemplating on the car so I was wondering if ASBuilt coding is possible as I'm looking to activate some features if I do get the M3... I wonder if Traffic Jam Assist requires any additional hardware to function or just needs the button and to be coded in?
That's nothing to do with AsBuilt, is part of your radio tuner and the specs in your country. TA gets transmitted over the air, and enable in your radio menu. If you see it at the bottom of the FM/HD/DAB menu you've got it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
He is not talking about traffic announcements. Traffic Jam Assists controls the car for you in heavy traffic. Steering the wheel for you and following the car ahaed of you using accelerator and brake.
Thanks, didn't know was called that, is he referring to MRCC?, so do you know where can he find these settings in his M3 2019 AsBuilt?
My friend have MRCC in his 2019 and he hates it, he want to revert to regular CC but he's to afraid to hook up an ELM327.
If it's MRCC what OP wants at least in 2018 and earlier he needs to add a distance Radar have SCBS as prerequisite, replace steering switch, have Autohold for stop and go and modify code that apparentely no one in here have seen yet.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I've finally activated the auto door lock on my CX-9, thanks to you guys. I also tried activating the Find My Car bit, but it doesn't appear to work (two clicks on the Lock button). Here's my Hex after enabling auto lock and the horn:

View attachment 273221

Am I missing something? Do I need to enable something else elsewhere?
That's all I did in my Cx5 and it worked with 2 fast clicks but I read somewhere some models worked by clicking Lock button more spaced apart, like 1 o 2 seconds. Try it, in meantime I look for that post.

·
Registered
260 Posts
This only changes C to F units unfortunatelly.
Well, it was worth a try, since your car it's from N/A and Canada uses metric it must be a way to easily change it to km. I'll try to change on screen setting on my CX5 MZD Connect from miles to km and see if any values changes in the IC asbuilt. Have you try to find a copy of IDS software on the net?;);)

·
Registered
260 Posts
That sound like good idea, thanks. It's weird that some cars react to changing region bits and some don't.
I read with Forscan the IC module after I changed distance settings on MZD Connect screen and got nothing, no changes, it makes sense because it's something the dealer can make as a personalization without touching the asbuilt.
Still I'm under the idea it's a hidden setting that access an EPROM in the Instrument Cluster.
Somebody wrote "while in ACC pressing POWER + SEEK UP on the radio". Good Luck, if you find a solution let us know.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi guys
really need your help with forscan auto door locking function when driving
i would like the vehicle to lock when driving over 20 km\h and unlock when shifting to Parking if possible
Its a facelift 2015 mazda 6 (no electric door locking button on drivers side)

my current hex codes are
7B7-01-01 0550 0006 A3BE
7B7-01-02 A504 0300 0875

also adding a screenshot if needed
thanks a bunch!!

After restart go to this menu and press RESET and the new menu would appear, select your preferred option.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thanks a lot!

What are you meaning with this?
Must I change something by myself?
Exactly what Nikodim told you. Use the excel file and enter all CCC data into IC, make your changes and take a note of 720-04-1 it would calculate the overall checksum for you, transfer this value to Forscan.

·
Registered
260 Posts
It supposed to work with lights in AUTO, it works this way in my CX5 See Manual, I've looked at your asbuilt and you have those features by default but I remember reading in this forum that's the way it used to work in models before 2017 and I don't think they find an asbuilt setting to operate in AUTO, it must be a change in hardware or wiring, search forum.

·
Registered
260 Posts
@enlil
You're on right track, settings are stored in the FSC module but I found something interesting in the service manual, using the Screen menu, 2 options are available for Timing: At Line / Before Line instead using IDS 4 different options are available Adaptive / Early / Medium / Late and also 3 different Warning options.
This is part of the personalization features settings done at dealer:

Using Center Display
Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)

1. Switch the ignition ON (engine off or on).
2. Select [Settings] on the center display.
3. Select [Safety] on the center display.
4. Select [Lane Departure Warning System] on the center display.
5. Select an item name, and then select option.

Display of center display​
Function​
Initial setting​
Settings​
Control module​
Timing​
The distance between the warning-trigger lines for the Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) and vehicle lanes can be changed.​
Before Line​
At Line / Before Line​
FSC​
Warning​
The warning operation sensitivity of the lane departure warning system (LDWS) can be changed.​
Low​
High / Low​
FSC​
Sound​
The type of the LDWS warning alarm can be changed.​
Beep​
Beep / Rumble​
Instrument cluster​
Beep Volume​
The volume of the LDWS warning alarm (Beep) can be changed.​
High​
High / Low​
Instrument cluster​
Rumble Strip Volume​
The volume of the LDWS warning alarm (Rumble) can be changed.​
High​
High / Mid / Low​
Instrument cluster​
Reset​
Returns the setting content of the lane departure warning system to the initial setting.​
No​
No / Yes​
  • FSC
  • Instrument cluster

Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)

Using M-MDS (IDS) (LDWS timing or LDWS warning)

1. Connect the M-MDS to the DLC-2.
2. After vehicle identification, select the following from the M-MDS initialization screen.
a. “Module programming“
b. “Programmable Parameters”
3. Select menu in the “FSC”.
4. Select an item name, and than select option.

M-MDS display​
Function​
Initial setting​
Setting contents​
Control unit​
LDWS Timing.​
The distance between the warning-trigger lines for the Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) and vehicle lanes can be changed.​
Late​
Adaptive / Early / Medium / Late​
Forward sensing camera (FSC)​
LDWS Warning.​
The warning operation sensitivity of the lane departure warning system (LDWS) can be changed.​
Often​
Often / Medium / Rare​
Forward sensing camera (FSC)

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a Mazda 6 GTR end of 2018 with TSR
I want to duplicate signs with speed limit and those that read TSR on the instrument cluster, I know that this is possible (see screenshots).
I tried with the help xls from the respected SergSlim, changed in 720-01-02 B1 b3 from 0 to 1 (TSR on IC related), but the signs did not appear.
Tell me what I need to change to activate this, as i think changes must be only in IC config
View attachment 277859
Interesting, didn't know that was possible, I found an M6 in a Polish site see picture:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Speedometer Auto part

I ran the VIN thru Excel and this is the difference:

If in yours shows 1 try changing b4 to 0

1 - 20 of 65 Posts