2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

5721 - 5740 of 5766 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know about the difference between passenger system recognition systems between Mazda cx-5 2017 USA and mazda cx-5 2018 EU? Or any difference in passenger airbags in cx-5 2017+. I changed the instrumental panel and now gets an error about the passenger airbag (B00D5: 01-8A). Saw @SergSlim discussing with @Nikodim some time ago that changes in 720-01-01 B0 b3b2b1 might somehow be related to issue with airbags.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone tried to refit the headlight cleaners on MX5 / Mazda 2 / CX-3 or can provide me with a BCMM table when it's installed by factory? I refitted all hardware parts, but the BCMM is not switching the relay to ground resulting in the system not working.

·
Registered
536 Posts
In every known bit of BCMM config the information about Headlights Washers is absent.
All the other bits in my M2 BCMM config with H/L-washers contain zero value.
What I'm trying to say is that the real settings for your desired feature (and not only your's but a lot of the other features) aren't accessable to reprogram in BCMM.
And it should exist certainly in BCMM, since the similar feature there's also in F-BCM for M3/M6/CX-5/CX9.

I know only one person in Thailand who has managed to activate Windshield Auto-rain/Auto-wipers/Auto-headlight features by having acquired another second-hand BCMM module from Japan with known VIN which had the necessary features enabled. So, finally he succeeded, but with that BCMM he has lost his ADL feature (which he had in his original BCMM) since it it is disabled in his new japanese BCMM. I doubt that anybody has any better solution at he moment

·
Registered
16 Posts
It might be configured in the IC then since the BCM gets its initial configuration (without personalization) from the IC when replaced and not configured with the Mazda Diagnostic Software. It might be in the SSU as well since it's sending the Signal of the wiper-switch to the BCM. I don't think it's coming from there though since it's just the switch signal not any fancy message saying use / don't use the Headlight washers.

I'll check the available ICs in the Spreadsheet, but if I don't find anything would you mind sending me an unmodified IC table of yours (You can clear the VIN)
It's definitely a software-issue because there's only one available part number of the BCM in my VIN-Range (Used to be 3 different)

Edit: In the spreadsheet of the IC-Table I found 720-04-32 B0 b6 and tried programming this bit to 1 however Forscan Declines writing it with the message incompatible configuration. I double checked that everything including the checksum was correct but to no avail.
I should add that I reprogrammed the refrerred bit 720-01-01 B1 b5 to 1 a while back since my refit was a 2 stage effort: First the low level fluid sensor (which works with only the 720-01-01 altered) and now the headlamp cleaners. Since the switch and the cleaners usually are fitted at the same time and this relation was stated in the sheet I thought it might do the trick. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Partially You're correct. IC is really the source of BCMM initialization, but up to the moment nobody has determined the bit in IC responsible for Headlights Washers during the first brand new (unused earlier) BCMM initialiation. I understand that in reality for BCMM first initialization there indeed should be some bits in IC for every feature programmed in BCMM. Otherwise the brand new BCMM cannot be programmed automatically with every feature based only on IC config.

Regarding the wipers - their config has no connection to headlights' washers, it is completely different feature.
It was really my finding in 720-04-32 B0b6 bit related to washing liquid level switch, & I really had that bit activated originally (and it is activated in very rear cases, I still cannot see the reason where), but the washing liiquid level switch I have also original. Though I have also the examples of that feature activated &\also without that bit activated. In reality that feature is activated in majority of european CX-3/M2.
It'd be more easy by reverse engineering to find the VIN of MX-5 (which You used in your feature hardwre retrofitting) in order to compare it's IC config with yours to see the difference. Considering that I couldn't find any MX-5 with that bit activated

·
Registered
536 Posts
FYI I have already several different features impossible to activate due to inaccessability of BCMM programming no matter what You change in IC. To be able to activate any of it in BCMM You need to make first 100% correct settings in iC. And only after that You can replace your original BCMM with the brand new (not used anywhere before) BCMM, and in that case You can make the first BCMM auto config initialization from that IC

·
Registered
16 Posts
For parts I actually just searched the parts catalouge without entering my VIN and was able to get all fitting parts for it without any problems except for maybe delivery times. So I don't really have a VIN to compare to, and finding one in Germany with headlight washers is impossible since it's not offered at all. If a new BCM is what it takes that won't be a problem since they actually come pretty cheap. Still leaves me with the issue finding a car with near identical setup + H/L-washers.

Unfortunately using all these cars in the Spreadhseet is useless since I can't determine if they have the low level switch installed, which is the surefire way to say the MX5 has HL-washers fitted since they only have 2 different fluid containers, one without anything but windshield-washer and one with everything. The CCC data all cuts off blocks 1 to 3 and the low level switch is in block 1 :/

·
Registered
536 Posts
My personal M2 VIN is in line 3 of "CCC Research" tab in 6.23 file with H/L-WASH enabled, in line 4 - improved version of my M2 with more features.
You can check their AsBuilt IC in Mazda AsBuilt Search Engine for more details as well as the other vehicles in the table.

Though I can assure You that my personl collecion of MX-5 VINs contains no car with 720-04-32 B0b6 enabled. But every US MX-5 has "Low Level Windshield Washer Fluid" bit in 720-01-01 B1b5 enabled

Forscan accessable BCMM 726-01-01 blocks contain no tracks of H/L-WASH activation

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah I just figured that out in the mean time, as expected all Euopean MX5 don't have that fitted but one American VIN has it so I'm trying to check differences now.

Also I figured out why it wouldn't take the 720-04 config. You have to change the checksum in 720-04-01 B0b1 when you change any value.

Forscan accessable BCMM 726-01-01 blocks contain no tracks of H/L-WASH activation
I guessed as much, but it does contain the bit for the Low Level Indicator. If this is enabled by factory you can be sure to find the H/L-WASH on the MX5 as well.

By chance I just saw SSU 731-01-01 B2b5 which mentions H/L-WASH I might look into that

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have access to the official parts catalouge but can only access Euro VINs. Unfortunately it doesn't differ if it's fitted or not it shows both options. Or what are you trying to say?

·
Registered
536 Posts
By chance I just saw SSU 731-01-01 B2b5 which mentions H/L-WASH I might look into that
Certainly, that one should be enabled

Also, You have to keep in mind that in order to make H/L-Washers functioning You must switch on the headlights. This way, when You sprinkle the water over the windshield wipers with headlights on - the H/L-Washers must operate also

·
Registered
16 Posts
That alone did not do the trick sadly, it is not set to 1 on your car or the other MX5 I found as well so it's not this one. I know how it functions, too deeply actually. I was surprised to find this bit in the SSU though since it's not sending any other signals but the lever status for the function.

Auto mode:
The first time after IG is switched on and HL are on it will spray and then after that every 5 times you pull the lever.

Manual Mode:
Tap the lever 2 times within 2 seconds.

I now checked with 3 other cars (2 miatas and yours) and found 2 bits that are on 0 for me and on 1 for all others, no luck.
I'm trying my luck with Mazda contact now if they can't help me figure this out I'll just go to the BCM, cut the wire and either hotwire it into the normal washer Pump or extend the wire to a switch I can press manually. Unless someone somehow finds the solution :p

·
Registered
536 Posts
I can only suggest You to connect the headlights' cleaner motor via normally open additional relay contacts to the headlight bulbs. And that additional relay to be controlled by the voltage coming to windshield washers' motor. This way, when You manipulate the windshield washer pump, the headlights' washers will be activated only when the headlights are on

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys,

let me say how much I appreciate the work and knowledge put into this thread, following the instructions I managed to enable LDWS/LAS/HBC on my M3 BN 2017 (Exclusive-Line in Germany) and now I turned my attention to headlights..

After reading through the thread and trying to make sense of my original configuration I am still a little bit confused.

Line 720-04-14 03 20 00 01 00 indicates (according to the excel sheet) that I have only Xenon/LED lights and headlight leveling is set to BM instead of BN

Line 720-02-01 BA B6 90 80 00 indicates that AFS is turned on

and finally

Line 720-04-19 was 10 00 00 10 00 in original configuration B0 (b7)0001(b4)

Also FSCGen2:
Code:
;Block 1
706G1G100009000009F
706G1G2000000000010
706G1G3000000000011
706G1G4000012
;Block 2
706G2G10000900002A2
706G2G20011
ForScan finds an ALM/AFS module. What do you think about this and how can I enable one or the other assuming I have the necessary components?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi i want to disable AFS as i changed full led lamps from led with afs to led no afs

do I need to change only those two valuesfrom excel file which trigger change in

720-02-01
720-04-01
720-04-14?

when I try to write to IC it says that cannot write BLOCK 4. Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Have you tried to write per block (instead of the button write all). Only use the write button. And check if the changes in 04-14 were made and that the checksum in 04-01 has changed.

And have you checked the wiring diagrams, if you have to change the wiring of the headlights and/or the AFS module? (when I changed from AFS to ALH I had to)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did the retrofit of FSC on my Mazda 3 2018. LKA, High Beam control and SBS/SCBS works fine.

Instead of changing the windshield I used the mounting bracket of a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2018 (it uses the same FSC, at least physically).
For the Wiring harness I found the connectors on mouser electronics.

Bracket

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/538-34824-5126
and the pins:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/538-560023-0421-LP

calibrated the FSC using dynamic mode using IDS.

when I installed the new FSC i got a DTC coming from the RCM module, so I used the asbuild of a FSC equipped car and change the RCM as-build.

Also bought a new ABS module and ABS pump, but later found that its not needed that the factory ABS pump works as well as long as you use FORScan ABS Relearn function.

I hope this could help you on this quest.

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you since I did this like a month ago.
Hi acastrolee

i was trying to do the same as you, very useful information, can you share how to stick the bracket on windowshield?

thanks a lot

·
Registered
263 Posts
ForScan finds an ALM/AFS module. What do you think about this and how can I enable one or the other assuming I have the necessary components?
Take a pic of your front light and we will be able to tell you what do you have.

Imo you haven't the hardware, I've never seen any Mazda with the hardware without the light option active.

5721 - 5740 of 5766 Posts