2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 400 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try your PC Firewall, turn it off, as Toolbox checks sd card with server first, heard of firewall blocking internet access for MT.
Yep. Turning off the firewall helped. Laptop can now detect the sdcard. Im now updating the sdcard via mazda toolbox as we speak.

Thanks for all the help.

sent from the other side

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am in NA and currently running 55.00.750, and I was wondering if anyone knows what specific changes were made to the new version 59.00.441. Just curious before updating. Thanks!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I am in NA and currently running 55.00.750, and I was wondering if anyone knows what specific changes were made to the new version 59.00.441. Just curious before updating. Thanks!
Hi,
Mazda (US) has still not released Changelog for V59, as I said on page 1 here, when and IF, they are available I will list/post.
Owners in US who have updated Firmware from 55 to 59 have notice many improvements, like
BlueTooth communication has improved.
USB problems resolved.
Pandora works better.
GPS Audio vastly improved.
Connect appears to run smoother.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi,
Mazda (US) has still not released Changelog for V59, as I said on page 1 here, when and IF, they are available I will list/post.
Owners in US who have updated Firmware from 55 to 59 have notice many improvements, like
BlueTooth communication has improved.
USB problems resolved.
Pandora works better.
GPS Audio vastly improved.
Connect appears to run smoother.
I stopped using my phone to play stored and streamed music because it was so unstable, but it sounds like these issues may have been resolved. Good news indeed. Thanks!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Firmware CHANGELOG for NA_59.00.441A

• DTC U0100:00 [CONNECTIVITY MASTER UNIT] (communication error with PCM) is stored in memory.
• Warning guidance's are displayed both for LDWS and HBC (CX-3 with LDWS and without HBC only).
• Improper OFF selection in the Setting Interval menu under Oil Change (TC CX-9 only).
• Resetting with “Fixed” data will not reset “Flexible” data. (TC CX-9 only).
• Tachometer function has been removed from the Active Driving Display (TC CX-9).*
• Navigation or other screens freeze or reboot.
• Issues with Pandora Radio.
• USB device fails to start playing, resume or display music information.
• BT audio device fails when starting to play, resume or connect.
• Paired BT device will not connect. Removing the paired BT device from the vehicle (but not the vehicle from the phone) results in an endless “Deleting” message.

*To improve safety and reduce driver distraction.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in the installation process ad have just done the fail safe installation Now when I go to do the Reinstallation package, the screen in my car is blank and I cannot see anything!! Pease help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did the screen go blank after the "Initializing" message? I did the update earlier and did notice that the screen went blank for about 5-10 seconds. Eventually the screen came back on though and the installation proceeded successfully.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ASH8 When i phone Mazda Dealership other day i insisted to talk with the technician whom updated our Infotainment system. They hesitated and seemed like they did not want me to talk with him, but i make few comments, they put me on hold and then Poof he was on phone.

I ask him Sir, when wife & i bring car in about 2 weeks ago, exactly what Version was the update they did. He say same version as you post here being NA_59.00.441A.

I then ask him exactly what this update the wife and i pay for and what does it do?
He started to tell me all kinds if things that it does so i stop him and ask if it up dates the Navigation Map system. He paused and said he does not know, so we left at that.

ASH8 you do good help here for others that need the information you post. You get thank you from wife and i for it, even though i can not do this myself, or personally know any one else that can help wife and i do it for us where we live..

ASH8 it is internet site members like you and others that help out with good information that make internet sites like this one special to be a member of!!!

:rockon 1: ASH8 and :beerchug: to you!!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
I am in the installation process ad have just done the fail safe installation Now when I go to do the Reinstallation package, the screen in my car is blank and I cannot see anything!! Pease help.

Hi, If you read the PDF Install Instructions I listed on this first thread page see number 2.1, in the PDF page number 16 it says about the screen going blank (or black and white) for about 2 minutes before it changes, THIS IS TOTALLY NORMAL, I have witnessed up to 5 minutes of blank black and white screen.

So let it do its thing....

Good luck and get back to us on your outcome. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
7. HELP US to HELP YOU...see below.

OK, going to use this sub link to ask YOU to supply the Information WE need to Help You. :)
None of us know everything, but many of us will try and help with our experiences.

So, IF you are having problems or need help Please First post YOUR Questions WITH the following details.....

* What Model Mazda are you talking about...please post the first 5 digits of your cars VIN Number like JMZBM or JM1KE or 3MDDJ., etc.
* What 'Version of FIRMWARE' is already installed in your car right now, please See 1.. to find this out so you know and you can tell us too, makes it so much easier to help you :)
* What country do you and your car live in..?
* What are the problems you are now experiencing and need help with..?

NOTE: I know there is a lot of information posted on Page 1 of this thread, it is coloured to make it easier to understand and to refer back to.
Updating FIRMWARE really is not that difficult or hard at all, just make sure you follow the instruction perfectly and watch the CRITICAL inputs.(Do Not let the car 'ACC' turn Off while updating, and remove 'SD Card' first when car is OFF to do any updating).

So all you need are...
* A clean formatted USB Flash Drive of 2.0 FAT32 of about 8GB, do not use any 3.0 USB Drive.
Then 'copy and paste' your downloaded Connect Firmware files onto same Flash Drive.
* Print out a copy of PDF Installation Instructions See 2.1

Note: Blank screens (black and white) are displayed momentarily during the updates process. It can take up to 3 minutes before the re-flashing process moves to the next visual screen. Do not panic or turn off.

IF you ask a Question I may refer to you to look at page one of this thread, like 'See 3.2' or 'See 2.9.1' or 'See 1..' to make it easier and faster for me to reply and so I am not repeating myself.

Don't be afraid we wont bite, many members on here will help you. :)

Remember we are a community, so if your issue get resolved from advise given here or you found another way, come back and please let us all know. :)

Do not ask about HACK information, I will not respond to you, take any hack questions to the correct threads in this forum, THIS THREAD is ONLY for Standard OEM Mazda/MZD Connect Firmware installations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got a new 2016 Mazda 6, trying to bring firmware up to snuff, and this community is much more vibrant than Mazda 6 forum (they sent me here, anyways)

JM1GJ, currently have version 51.00.351 in my car. Fail-safe for 55.00.760A updated just fine, will not upload for re-install file for same version of software.

Error received "Cannot Validate Certificate" or something along those lines. Is this my USB drive being at issue? Honestly not sure of its USB version, but it's a 2GB drive from a trade show.

I noticed here that version 59.00.441A is now available, so I may try that, but I expect to run into the same issue.

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
59.00.441A is the latest for your car, you installing old firmware V55.
Check file size is correct for V55 you are using, 6854kb for failsafe, 876,781kb for re-install.
IF not file size then reformat USB.
Do not let CMU go to sleep see 'G' on page 1
Make sure you are following instructions see 2 on page 1.

·
Registered
305 Posts
strange

the worst matter i found over here many Japanese good forum users they expand all download and tweaks over Japanese forum. but no one of them try to upload one copy JP version even its outdated 31...33 ... strange maybe because its MAZDA LOL

·
Registered
24 Posts
6. HELP US to HELP YOU...see below.

OK, going to use this sub link to ask YOU to supply the Information WE need to Help You. :)
None of us know everything, but many of us will try and help with our experiences.

So, IF you are having problems or need help Please First post YOUR Questions WITH the following details.....

* What Model Mazda are you talking about...please post the first 5 digits of your cars VIN Number like JMZBM or JM1KE or 3MDDJ., etc.
* What 'Version of FIRMWARE' is already installed in your car right now, please see 1.. to find this out so you know and you can tell us too, makes it so much easier to help you :)
* What country do you and your car live in..?
* What are the problems you are now experiencing and need help with..?

NOTE: I know there is a lot of information posted on Page 1 of this thread, it is coloured to make it easier to understand.
Updating FIRMWARE really is not that difficult or hard at all, just make sure you follow the instruction perfectly and watch the CRITICAL inputs.(do NOT let the car ACC turn OFF while updating, and remove 'SD Card' first when car is OFF).

So all you need are...
* A clean formatted USB Flash Drive of 2.0 FAT32 of about 8GB, do not use any 3.0 USB Drive.
Then 'copy and paste' your downloaded Connect Firmware files onto same Flash Drive.
* Print out a copy of PDF Installation Instructions see 2.1

Note: Blank screens (black and white) are displayed momentarily during the updates process. It will take approx. 2-5 minutes before the re-flashing process moves to the next visual screen. Do not panic or turn off.

IF you ask a Question I may refer to you to look at page one of this thread, like 'see 3.2' or 'see 2.2' or 'see 1..' to make it easier and faster for me to reply and so I am not repeating myself.

Don't be afraid we wont bite, many members on here will help you. :)

Back to Page 1 link here...
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2016-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/180578-mazda-mzd-connect-firmware-downloads-updated.html

And PLEASE do not ask about HACK information, I will not respond to you, take any hack questions to the correct threads in this forum, THIS THREAD is ONLY for Standard OEM Mazda/MZD Connect Firmware installations.
Understood

·
Registered
178 Posts
Is it free under warranty?
Do you have 'connected service' subscription? Thx.
Yes, it was replaced free under warranty. I was using the connected services at that time with trial period but not anymore. As you know, it's a shitty paid subscription service and not worth even 10$ let alone 120$. I've managed to connect an Apple TV 4th gen to CMU. Using all sort of things with airplay mirroring.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, it was replaced free under warranty. I was using the connected services at that time with trial period but not anymore. As you know, it's a shitty paid subscription service and not worth even 10$ let alone 120$. I've managed to connect an Apple TV 4th gen to CMU. Using all sort of things with airplay mirroring.
Any details how it connects to AUX? This looks so cool.

21 - 40 of 400 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.