2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

8761 - 8776 of 8776 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
@Tristan-cx5 , thanks for your reply.
Is reinstalling the same firmware the only option for me now?
I was hoping that there would be a solution which avoided reinstalling firmware because from my memory, installing firmware was a bit of a pain and risky of bricking the system
@Maz6

Why have you never mentioned or install AA Tru_go V1.14b latest unofficial version which is the best for your fw59.00.502? which has in-built codes to clean logs on your car system 400mb+? This could be your main problem why other apps are not showing in your mzd applications menu as there isnt enough storage space left on it. AA v1.11 or V1.13 do not included the cleaning codes and does not have updated features/bug fixed.

1. Download AA Tru_go V1.14b FW55.00.xx-FW59.00.502 latest December version 2020.
2. If AA v1.14b shows in your mzd then back to your computer compile all tweaks but select all their red squares to uninstall everything on your car cmu. This will allows your car to be clean/reset with proper original available space.
4. Install the following tweaks 1st "No more disclaimer", then AA Tru_go V1.14b and last of all your other tweaks.
5. If else all failed then reinstall your fw59.00.502 and redo step 4.

Please report back your results to help others with similar issues.

·
Registered
61 Posts
@Tristan-cx5 , thanks for your reply.
Is reinstalling the same firmware the only option for me now?
I was hoping that there would be a solution which avoided reinstalling firmware because from my memory, installing firmware was a bit of a pain and risky of bricking the system
I have the same firmware as you (59.00.502A- ADR), and I had too many problems when trying different tweaks (install/ reinstall); I even got to the point where I can't execute any tweak and my system was completely stuck at the tweaks that I already had on my system. Till I finally found that the only reason that I was having all these problems was the lack of space on the CMU. What I did to repair the system, and it worked, was the following:
1/ connect to the system with ssh on address 127.0.0.1 port 2222 (user: user, password: jci) using a USB cable and your phone using an ssh client app. (I used Termius on Android), then, once connected issue the following commands:
cd /tmp/mnt/data_persist/log/dumps
rm -rf core0*
rm -rf core1*
rm -rf core2*
rm -rf core3*
rm -rf core4*
rm -rf core5*
rm -rf core6*
rm -rf core7*
rm -rf core8*
rm -rf core9*
rm -rf *.bz2
reboot
2/ Do a Full System Restore with the "Apps to resources" option checked
3/ Do a Full System Restore with the "Apps to resources" option NOT checked
After this I was able to install again any tweak I want, I also suggest, before compiling your tweak, to check the option "Build run.sh", this way the execution of the tweak is very fast after the reboot of the CMU.

·
Registered
19 Posts
@Maz6

Why have you never mentioned or install AA Tru_go V1.14b latest unofficial version which is the best for your fw59.00.502? which has in-built codes to clean logs on your car system 400mb+? This could be your main problem why other apps are not showing in your mzd applications menu as there isnt enough storage space left on it. AA v1.11 or V1.13 do not included the cleaning codes and does not have updated features/bug fixed.

1. Download AA Tru_go V1.14b FW55.00.xx-FW59.00.502 latest December version 2020.
2. If AA v1.14b shows in your mzd then back to your computer compile all tweaks but select all their red squares to uninstall everything on your car cmu. This will allows your car to be clean/reset with proper original available space.
4. Install the following tweaks 1st "No more disclaimer", then AA Tru_go V1.14b and last of all your other tweaks.
5. If else all failed then reinstall your fw59.00.502 and redo step 4.

Please report back your results to help others with similar issues.
@Radarwild thanks for the suggestion. I will try that later.
Regarding step 2, do I need to do that ie go back to AIO and select all red squares to remove all tweaks? I don't have AA v1.14 installed (currently have v1.11 installed on cmu) so I can skip this step?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the same firmware as you (59.00.502A- ADR), and I had too many problems when trying different tweaks (install/ reinstall); I even got to the point where I can't execute any tweak and my system was completely stuck at the tweaks that I already had on my system. Till I finally found that the only reason that I was having all these problems was the lack of space on the CMU. What I did to repair the system, and it worked, was the following:
1/ connect to the system with ssh on address 127.0.0.1 port 2222 (user: user, password: jci) using a USB cable and your phone using an ssh client app. (I used Termius on Android), then, once connected issue the following commands:
cd /tmp/mnt/data_persist/log/dumps
rm -rf core0*
rm -rf core1*
rm -rf core2*
rm -rf core3*
rm -rf core4*
rm -rf core5*
rm -rf core6*
rm -rf core7*
rm -rf core8*
rm -rf core9*
rm -rf *.bz2
reboot
2/ Do a Full System Restore with the "Apps to resources" option checked
3/ Do a Full System Restore with the "Apps to resources" option NOT checked
After this I was able to install again any tweak I want, I also suggest, before compiling your tweak, to check the option "Build run.sh", this way the execution of the tweak is very fast after the reboot of the CMU.
Thanks @issam_isl . I will try this.
Never try to ssh before so hopefully I can do it without problem.
Do you know how to check how much space left in the system?
Also, what does build run.sh actually do?

As a side note, I found something quirky with Full Systsm Restore. The default Navigation circle icon does not show in the screen, but can still access it. I wonder if you had the same observation after you did Full Restore?

·
Registered
210 Posts
@Radarwild thanks for the suggestion. I will try that later.
Regarding step 2, do I need to do that ie go back to AIO and select all red squares to remove all tweaks? I don't have AA v1.14 installed (currently have v1.11 installed on cmu) so I can skip this step?
@Maz6 No, do not skip this step as there maybe have been residue/junk files or previous tweaks left behind that weren't able to uninstall due to clogged/unavailable disk space you'd earlier. Plus to ensure no other issue occurs later onward. Don't forget to report back your results. Regards to SSH this is very similar just easier without SSH method. If it doesn't work then do the SSH.

Side note: never do full system restore (can possible end up in a frozen cmu or mzd bootloop), always the recommanded way is select all the "red square" of tweaks compile and restore your system.

Q. Do you know how to check how much space left in the system? once everything working, install the "Aio Tweak App" from Mazda Aio v2.8.6 last tweaks on the bottom left into your cmu. Open it In the application folder look for check system memery/space or similar.

·
Registered
19 Posts
@Maz6 No, do not skip this step as there maybe have been residue/junk files or previous tweaks left behind that weren't able to uninstall due to clogged/unavailable disk space you'd earlier. Plus to ensure no other issue occurs later onward. Don't forget to report back your results. Regards to SSH this is very similar just easier without SSH method. If it doesn't work then do the SSH.
I will report back definitely.
Just to confirm about the steps again as I am not 100 sure on the sequence..
1. Download AA1.14b from the link you provided, and then install it on cmu so that as part of the install, it performs clean up to get some space back

2. Check whether AA1.14 appears in Applications. If yes, then go back to AIO and select all red squares. Do I need to ensure I use AIO 2.8.4 since thats what I used to install AA v1.11 which is currently installed?

If AA1.14 does not appear in Applications, what do I need to do?

3. Go back to AIO but this time can use the latest v2.8.6, compile just No disclaimer warning tweak, then install on cmu.

Go back to computer, get the USB with AA 1.14b, then install on cmu.

Go back to AIO and select all other tweaks I want to install.

Is this right? Is there a reason why the No disclaimer warning tweak needs to be installed first?

Regarding ssh, so I need to simply connect usb cable, and use ssh terminal on my android phone to gain access? Do I need to install the ssh callback or something first from AIO?

How to check how much free space I currently have?

Thanks heaps!

·
Registered
210 Posts
@Maz6 , post: 2503500, member: 472898"]
I will report back definitely.
Just to confirm about the steps again as I am not 100 sure on the sequence..
1. Download AA1.14b from the link you provided, and then install it on cmu so that as part of the install, it performs clean up to get some space back.

Yes.

2. Check whether AA1.14 appears in Applications. If yes, then go back to AIO and select all red squares. Do I need to ensure I use AIO 2.8.4 since thats what I used to install AA v1.11 which is currently installed? Yes, use AIO version 2.8.6 only.

2 a) If AA1.14 does not appear in Applications, what do I need to do?

Use SSH method by issam_isl

3. If step 2 is sucessful Go back to AIO v2.8.6, compile just No disclaimer warning tweak, then install on cmu.

Install the USB with latest AA v1.14b on cmu.

Go back to AIO and select all other tweaks I want to install.

Is this right? Is there a reason why the No disclaimer warning tweak needs to be installed first? Yes, "remove no more disclaimer" is major important this allows tweaks to run 1st when the system boot up and not get interrupted by the disclaimer.

Regarding ssh simply connect usb cable, and OTG adapter to use ssh terminal on an Android phone to gain access with Termius app on Android. No need to install the ssh callback or something first from AIO.

How to check how much free space I currently have?

once everything working, install the "Aio Tweak App" from Mazda Aio v2.8.6 last tweaks on the bottom left into your cmu. Open it In the application folder look for check system memory/space or similar.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It didn't go well.. I installed AA1.14, but still could not find Android Auto in the Applications.

When I connected my phone via USB, in the phone notification, it just said "Android Auto is connecting...", and nothing happened.
Right after I connected my phone, in my mobile it asked for permission to access my phone data 2x, which I allowed.

Then, I tried to uninstall everything (select all red squares via AIO 2.8.6), but it somehow stuck at "REMOVE VIDEOPLAYER APP ...", not sure why.

However, afterwards when I came back to my computer, the tweak.sh has some funny lines after "REMOVE VIDEOPLAYER APP ..." comment (line 1295) , and no log entries were written in AIO_log.txt

Refer to the the screenshot below..
Screenshot 2021-01-11 214908.png

Btw, I tried SSH using JuicySSH client on android after connecting via USB cable (I dont have OTG adapter, so just try my luck), using username: user and password: jci, it didnt work.

So, I tried to reinstall the AA1.14 again. If I remember correctly, in the middle of the process, my car turned off - not sure why but I think because somehow I was not on Accessory mode (press the button 2x). Instead, I think I might have just press 1x, so after x minutes, the car turned off (?)

This leaves me with a bigger problem... The CMU now only boots up to the animation, i.e. first Mazda symbol appear, then the 5 red circle icons animation, then freeze there.

Radio audio is still working, but cannot navigate or do anything else!

I tried to hard reset (Nav + back + mute) few times without any luck :(

Help please anyone.. what should I do next..?

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
so I managed to restore the access to the normal menu by selecting all the red squares in AIO, compile and install in CMU (pheww).
Then, I installed AA v1.11 just to see if it still works.
It works but still not appearing in Applications. The only way to launch it is to plug the USB cable to my phone.
Then, I drove around to check whether it was still crashing when I was navigating and listening to Youtube Music at the same time.
It is still crashing albeit less often than before.
It seems that if I have route set but not actually moving and the music plays, it does not seem to crash.
It only starts crashing again when I move my car.
Also, sometimes rather than crashing, the AA simply freezes.

Could it be somehow the AA still uses phone GPS (remember, I set it to use phone GPS one time last week when I was on AA v1.13 to resolve GPS accuracy/reliability issue), even though I have uninstalled that version and when I installed AA again, I did not check the option to use phone GPS again?

I'd still like to check the free space in the cmu, but not sure how since I am sure if I install AIO Tweak, it will not appear in the Applications hence no way for me to launch it.
Also, I dont have OTG adapter at the moment to access ssh.

At this point, I am tempted to reinstall the current firmware, but I'd like to explore all avenues first.
I remember installing firmware bit of a pain last time and I dont want the risk of bricking the system again..

Thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
@Maz6 wrote: "so I managed to restore the access to the normal menu by selecting all the red squares in AIO, compile and install in CMU (pheww)"
At this stage u should just install AA V1.14b not V1.11 big mistake..u're back to square 1 again. Have u enable developers mode for your phone n enable usb debugging? And for Android auto app as well with unknown source ticked? Do those n reinstall v1.14b and it should work.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yes I have developer mode and Usb debugging is on.

What do you mean by this?
On your phone open Android auto app-> settings->version (tap once) ->you'll now see an enlarge drop down list of version and permission information (tap until enable developers mode warnings select ok) top right 3 dots-> developers settings->application mode select developers, scroll down select/tick unknown source. U can select video resolution allow up to 1080p. AA Tru_go v1.14b should work on your unroot phone now.

What Android version is your phone?

·
Registered
19 Posts
On your phone open Android auto app-> settings->version (tap once) ->you'll now see an enlarge drop down list of version and permission information (tap until enable developers mode warnings select ok) top right 3 dots-> developers settings->application mode select developers, scroll down select/tick unknown source. U can select video resolution allow up to 1080p. AA Tru_go v1.14b should work on your unroot phone now.

What Android version is your phone?
It turned out that I already had Developer mode in AA, but didnt have unknown source ticked nor resolution allow up to 1080p.
I am using Samsung S10+ Android 10. Official firmware (1 Sep 2020 security patch).

Anyway, I 'red squared' every thing again, and reinstalled AA v1.14.
However, after the successful installation of AA v1.14, cmu was rebooted (as expected), but then stuck at the 5 red circles animation again. Nothing worked except radio audio.
Could this because between 'red squared everything' procedure and installing v1.14 again, I didnt install the No Disclaimer warning tweak?
Just on that, you mentioned that the reason it is important to install the No Disclaimer warning first, so that the v1.14 tweak installation run is not disrupted by the disclaimer, but what if I press Agree on the disclaimer first, then plug the USB to install v1.14? Would that be OK then?

Because I was stuck at the red circles, I had to do another 'red squared all' again.
Then, reinstalled AA v1.11, but after the install, the AA did not launch when I plug my cable in! At this point, Android Auto was still not in Applications.
So, I reinstalled AA v1.11 again, and after this time, AA worked again and miraculously, Android Auto now appears under Applications! Absolutely cannot explain how!?!
The reliability is still shonky though.. crash almost everytime I turn on YT Music, not even navigating (i.e. no route set). Used to be only crash if I turned on YT Music AND navigating at the same time.

Advice on what to do next please...?
I found this https://github.com/gartnera/headunit/issues/173#issuecomment-589630973
Worth trying?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, everybody.
I ask for help in restoring my head unit after a failed firmware update.
I tried to upgrade the cmu150_eu_70.00.352B version to the cmu150_eu_70.00.367A version.
The device froze at the moment when the progress is almost reached the end.
A long time passed, but nothing changed on the device screen.
I decided to turn off the power.

Now the process stops at 99%, writes about a system error and the device reboots.
Then everything repeats.

I got a log from the console that says:
Code:
Jan  1 00:01:02 vim_app: [000.00:01:02.326027677], VIM, 235, vim_app, 235, Warn, IUC.c, IUC_SPI_PopTxMessage 1691, Pop message from TX queue. ID 0030, 00 B
Jan  1 00:01:06 reflash_app: [000.00:01:06.000153344], REFLASH, 236, reflash_app, 236, Info, reflash_app.c, reflash_app_Update 2961, Progress: 99%
Jan  1 00:01:06 vim_app: [000.00:01:06.338468009], VIM, 235, vim_app, 243, Critical, vim_app.c, vimapp_HBMsgHandler 346,  VIP Rebooted -- Missing Messages
Jan  1 00:01:07 vim_app: [000.00:01:07.326028009], VIM, 235, vim_app, 235, Warn, IUC.c, IUC_SPI_PopTxMessage 1691, Pop message from TX queue. ID 0030, 00 B
Jan  1 00:01:16 reflash_app: [000.00:01:16.000151677], REFLASH, 236, reflash_app, 236, Info, reflash_app.c, reflash_app_Update 2961, Progress: 99%
Jan  1 00:01:17 vcm: [000.00:01:17.032751345], VCM, 299, vcm, 299, Error, vcm_csched.c, vcmcsched_HandleCommTimerExpiry 1030, No response from VIP! assuming its stuck...
Jan  1 00:01:17 reflash_app: [000.00:01:17.034414011], REFLASH, 236, reflash_app, 286, Error, reflash_common.c, REFLASH_ExecuteCommand 625, Failed to execute "/tmp/vcm --write-image /tmp/image-vip_appvfbl.mot", exit code = 1!
Jan  1 00:01:17 reflash_app: [000.00:01:17.035123678], REFLASH, 236, reflash_app, 286, Error, reflash_ua.c, reflash_ua_ThreadBeginUpdate 1603, Board reflash failed (REFLASH_Cannot_Perform)
Jan  1 00:01:17 reflash_app: [000.00:01:17.035475678], REFLASH, 236, reflash_app, 286, Info, reflash_ua.c, reflash_ua_ThreadBeginUpdate 1650, Exit from Begin Update thread
As far as I understand, the file "image-vip_appvfbl.mot" contains the firmware for this VIP, which is transmitted over the XMODEM protocol, but it was not transmitted completely.
And now its firmware is damaged.

Does anyone know what this VIP is and how to restore its firmware ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. For some reason, Android Auto do not work through Wi-Fi. The hotspot on the phone is on, the connection is working. Tell me what can happen. Through the cable Android Auto works

8761 - 8776 of 8776 Posts