2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 621 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
According to MazdaRacerDude`s post in the thread "Android Auto Bluetooth Call Issue *FIXED!*" (I´m too new to be allowed to post links) you can suport the developers find the solution to the "GPS/Google Maps got stuck at one spot"-problem by posting your AA headunit logs.

MazdaRacerDude`s guide:
"Click HOME then go back to android auto splash screen then tap the horizontal window. That window is the debug log window. You can scroll through it with the infotainment main knob. Check for any gps log entry related."

Let`s not only complain about the problem - let`s help actively to support the developer(s).

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Today I installed AA 1.08 from http://aa.mazdatweaks.win/ on my 56.00.513C EU. Google Maps and MZD Navi are working fine now. The bugs of AA 1.07 are gone: Google Maps does not show 180-degree-navigation, no fixed wrong location and the SD-Card does not have to be removed any more. The MZD navigation is working fine, even if AA Google Maps is running in the background with connected smartphone and inserted SD-Card. I am looking forward to the changelog of AA 1.08 - I am curious if the GPS is used of the car or the smartphone?
@Trezdog44: Do you or @FREESCALE009 need some logs of AA 1.08 or AA 1.07? Then I try to generate & provide them.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
AA 1.08 & Google Maps: Two days ago everything was fine. Today all 4 times I tested, I got the backwards arrow navigation :-( ... already posted my logs @ github forum. @Trezdog44: You wrote something about a special GPS logging - would be happy to try it & provide logs. Please let me know where to download it. So far, I used your normal log-tool - you provided the link here some weeks ago (LOGS & VehDataPull).

Edit: Just saw the AA 1.08 in AIO 2.7.4 and will try the disabled car GPS now. Thanks a lot for this option.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Hi, When we have new version update from AIO do I need to uninstall old version before install new version,
e.g. Video Player, Speedometer, etc.
Thanks.
No need for uninstallation. Just install the new version. It will overwrite the old one.

But if the new installation has fewer features selected in AIO than the older one, these older already installed ones will remain (and only the other will be updated). If you do not want to keep the old ones, de-select them in AIO (red button instead of green one), so that they get uninstalled.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Hi @Trezdog44:

Feedback for Speedometer 5.0b beta:
Thanks for the beta. I do have the same freeze-problem as strelica (here) with the Speedometer 5.0b (on my CX-5 / 56.00.513C EU).

What I did:
Installation was possible. But on the first activation/click on Speedometer in MZD apps the complete MZD froze while the MZD apps list was still shown. Speedometer did not start. Nothing could be done/clicked at the display/selected via commander knob, except a reboot via nav+mute. I tried several installations/matrix: With&without nav SD card and an update on an already installed speedo 5.0 and I tried a clean install (previously deinstalled speedometer). Always the same freeze happened.

Unfortunatley I do not have the AIO_log.txt or any other logs - and I do not have access to the car for one week now. But after the installation of the beta there did not show up a statusbar speedometer. Before (with 5.0) there was no speedometer in the statusbar installed.

Feedback for Speedometer 5.0 from AIO 2.7.4:
- 56.00.513C EU (my CX-5): Only after removing the nav SD card the altitude and altitude min/max worked fine. With inserted SD card it was just one value which did not change.
- 56.00.511 EU (another CX-5): Altitude etc. works fine with inserted SD card.
- So it`s just pressing (not turning) the command knob that changes the rows - now I experienced it. Thanks for adding the info to the instructions in the next AIO version - thats a cool feature and will probably be used more, when it is mentioned in the instruction.

German Translation for Speedometer 5.0:
User Tobi-HN from our Mazda CX-5 Forum did some translations for the german language in "speedometerUpdate.js" - you are free to use them:
Code:
  // *********************************************************************************************************************
  // *********************************************************************************************************************
	// language specific labels
	// Deutsch
  else if(language === 'DE'){
	// $('#gpsSpeedFieldSet legend').html('Geschw. GPS');
	$('#tripDistFieldSet legend').html('Strecke <span class="spunit">(<span class="distUnit">km</span>)</span>');
	$('#speedTopFieldSet legend').html('Geschw. max');
	$('#speedAvgFieldSet legend').html('Geschw. ∅');
	$('#gpsAltitudeFieldSet legend').html('Höhe ü. NN <span class="spunit">(<span class="altUnit">m</span>)</span>');
	$('#gpsAltitudeMinMaxFieldSet legend').html('<span>min/max</span>');
	$('#gpsHeadingFieldSet legend').html('Fahrtrichtung');
	$('#gpsLatitudeFieldSet legend').html('Breite');
	$('#gpsLongitudeFieldSet legend').html('Länge');
	$('#tripTimeFieldSet legend').html('Gesamtzeit');
	$('#idleTimeFieldSet legend').html('Standzeit');
	$('#engIdleTimeFieldSet legend').html('Leerlaufzeit');
	$('.NorthEast').html('NO');
	$('.East').html('O');
	$('.SouthEast').html('SO');
	$('#rpmDial .unit').text('U/min');
	$('#fuelGaugeFieldSet legend').html('Kraftstofftank');
	$('#gearPositionFieldSet legend').html('Ganganzeige');
 	$('#outsideTempFieldSet legend').html('Aussentemp.  <span class="spunit">(°<span class="tempUnit"></span>)</span>');
	$('#intakeTempFieldSet legend').html('Ansaugtemp.  <span class="spunit">(°<span class="tempUnit"></span>)</span>');
	$('#coolantTempFieldSet legend').html('Kühlertemp.  <span class="spunit">(°<span class="tempUnit"></span>)</span>');
	}
But some other translations were not possible for him, as he did not find the code for:
- Trip Fuel Economy (trpFuel)
- GPS Speed (gpsSpeed)
- AvgTotal Fuel Economy (totFuel)
- Average Fuel Economy (avgFuel)
- Engine Speed (engSpeed)

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
@Trezdog44:

The speedometer 5.1 from AIO 2.7.6 still freezes at my 56.00.513C EU/automatic transmission. I tried to update from 5.0 and did a clean install. Both lead to a freeze, when I tried to start speedometer via MZD apps. As I do not want the thing aside the clock in the upper right corner, there is no other way for me to start it. Here you can download a ZIP of the AIO_log and backups-folder. Here you can see my selected options of the installation of 5.1. Hope that is somehow helpful.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
As I did not find a download link to the promised "15" waiting version for my freeze (perhaps I am too impatient), I tried to adapt the 5.1 from AIO 2.7.6 with the other ports (even if i do not have bluetooth issues), but also with changed port there is still the freeze. It was worth a try. Speedometer seems to have the white and selectable font in the MZD app list, but everything freezes after pressing on it. And I waited for over 2 minutes after reboot and after pressing on Speedometer list entry. My CX-5: 56.000.513C EU, automatic, with iStop.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Finally I found the reason why Speedometer 5.1 did not work on my 56.00.513C-EU: It was my mistake - I had an "};" too many / too early (after 2nd value) in the list of the configurable settings of "speedometer-config.js" (see screenshot). After correction speedometer works fine (screenshot of page 1 / page 2 / page 3). Screenshots were taken at a undergrund garage - thus there was no GPS signal. "GearLvrPos." works fine with my automatic transmission. "Battery SOC" is at 127,0 - is that a valid %-value? I do have iStop.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
@Trezdog44:

batSOC @ my Speedometer 5.1 (CX-5/iStopp/automatic/56.00.513C EU) only shows a static value of 127,0 (ignition on; engine running; car moving). But a friend has no problems (CX-5/iStopp/manual/56.00.511 EU) - his batSOC value moves around 78. How can I correct this for me (without downgrading the FW)?

In file speedometer.js I found the BatSOCmax value and the used formula:
- var BatSOCmax = 200;
- BatSOC = (currBatSOC / BatSOCmax * 100)

Calculation with my shown BatSOC value 127,0:
127 = x / 200 * 100
x = 254 = currBatSOC value

How/where can I check at my car for the currBatSOC and BatSOCmax value? FORScan with Laptop? Or is there anything else that I could do (eg. provide logs/values to you)?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
With OBD you get the real value, but that doesn't mean that it is available in CMU.
So you can check the value for Battery_StateOfCharge (currBatSOC and BatSOCmax are just variables that I use in my code) with an OBD2 reader....
@Trezdog44 & @Diginix :
Thanks guys - I checked via OBD with FORScan on my laptop: BATT_SOC=0%. Speedometer is not able to get an actual BATT_SOC value, because my car does not provide it. It seems to have a problem. Even after initialising i-Stop/battery the BATT_SOC value is still 0% (screenshots: FORScan / Speedometer). So there is no need for any logs/scripts from the CMU, when the CMU does not get proper values from the car/modules.

Short after starting Speedometer it displays value "0" at Battery SOC for approx. 1-2 seconds - then it changes to 127,0.

Now I am trying to solve the real cause somehow (battery or module). Afterwards I guess that Speedometer will display the correct value - as long as my car does provide any value.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Yes, i-Stop works as expected after re-initiation (before it did not work).

I re-initiated my i-Stop according to the official manual (german / english).

But I will do it again today. I do not have a charger and no outlet in the basement garage, so I disable A/C etc., drive highway a lot, charge the battery by this, drive back to the basement garage and disconnect the negative battery terminal and give the battery a rest of 6-48h before re-initiation - as mentioned in the workshop manual: "The “BATT_SOC” value is displayed “0%” because the battery charge condition is not stabilized after connecting the negative battery cable (it is necessary to leave battery undisturbed for approx. 6 to 48 h to stabilize battery charge condition)." Because I forgot to give the battery a rest last time and re-initiated it directly after my charging-drive. Hopefully that`s the cause - if not, I ordered a battery liquid/acid tester and will test if all cells of the battery are fine.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
@Trezdog44:
Here is another Speedometer for you guys to test out and its a good one.
Thanks for this cool feature. Here is my feedback (CX5/automatic/56.00.513C EU):

- TAP Any 2 Values To Swap Their Positions!
- Any Values Can Be Swapped Even The Main Speed
Works as promised. See my Video and the photo below.

- Tap Below The Bottom Row To Swap For The Hidden Values In Other Rows
Tapping where I marked the X in this photo (everywhere below the bottom row) did not work. No hidden values were shown/switched. Nothing happened.

- Double Tapping A Value Will Cancel Its Selection
Did not work. A single tap on the selected value will cancel its selection. Double tap did not work - or I did something wrong.

@Diginix:
This manual is maybe for the pre-facelift without MZD. There is a little bit different workflow for MZD models, but I don't have it. [...]
Thanks for the infos. I found a hardcopy of the current re-initiation, which my mazda service guy gave me in 2016 - just one difference: After connecting the negative to the battery you have to wait for at least 10 minutes before connecting the current/power sensor... But also this did not solve my problem. I`ll check the cells next week - and then I contact the mazda service/dealer.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
@Trezdog44: My feedback for the new beta of Speedometer 5.2:

- My new video shows the swap of the main value, the working swap with the values of the hidden row below and the new/better highlight of a selected value. Edit: Here is a much more pro video of this - I guess I stop filming.
- Some small suggestions:
a. Upper right corner looks like a "layer-party" and the value of "Idle Time" is grown out of his box ;-)
Scoreboard Font Display device Technology Auto part

b. Same too small box might happen at ALT min/max, if there are two 4-digit-values shown.
Scoreboard Font Auto part Technology Odometer

My whish for one of the next versions: An option to hide or show the coloured raising bars left of the main value - for me it would be sufficient if I can select it during AIO install selection. Or does this exist already?

And is it somehow possible in the tweak "Order of Audio Source List" to change the list entries from eg. position 4 to position 1? I looked in the js-code, but as a non-developer I did not found a possibility to swap entries. Tried to swap rows 623-638 in config\audio_order_AND_no_More_Disclaimer\only_cha nge_audio_order\jci\gui\apps\system\js\systemApp.js - but that did not work.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Thanks for this new version.

Tire pressure value: The App "OBD2AA" can display the TPMS values like that (with connected Bluetooth-OBD-Adapter) - perhaps this is what was meant by damazcx5:
Technology Electronic device Multimedia Display device Electronics
Display device Screen Technology Electronic device Gadget
Technology Vehicle Electronic device Car Gadget

Thanks Trez for your recommendation of the OBD bluetooth adapter - to get these screenshots I used the one you recommended.
EDIT: After writing this post I changed the tire pressure and even after two engine restarts and a longer drive the psi values in OBD2AA app did not change. So this is not working.

DPF REG is specific for Diesel engines (not gas) - DPF is the diesel particle filter, which is cleaned by automatic "burning"/regeneration each x kilometers. In the screenshot of bp715 the top marked value shows if the burning/regeneration process is running right now or not (I assume if it is running you should ideally not stop your car, but I do not have a Diesel). The bottom marked value shows how many kilometers the car drove since the last regeneration. As in Europe Diesel cars are very common this might interest many people in the EU.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
It`s a 2016, not working with pressure sensors at/in the wheels, but indirect with the ABS sensor - same as your car. I just posted what the app OBD2AA showed me. I have not verified if the displayed psi are real actual values (should have done that before posting) - I took the values for granted, as there was nothing mentioned like "these are only non-real test values".

EDIT: After writing this post, I changed the tire pressure and even after two engine restarts and a longer drive the psi values in OBD2AA app did not change. So this is not working.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Thanks for Speedometer 5.3 and the feature to hide the speed bar (works for me). I re-arranged the position of the values (via Notepad++) for my CX-5 with 56.00.513C EU. Speedometer works fine and shows values (and not 0). "Batt SOC will show err if i-stop error" looks like this:
Scoreboard Font Technology Display device Auto part

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
@runaway: If you swap/change values in Speedometer by clicking on them, they rearrange after restart. If you want them arranged in your preferred order permanently, check AIO 2.7.6 - Speedometer - Digital Speedometer Bar and then click below on the blue instruction bar... there you can find the instruction how to arrange values so that they stay permanently in your order.

1 - 20 of 621 Posts