2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

8781 - 8800 of 8810 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
@Flyman : No one tested the serial access/ID7v2 at 74.00.200 so far. As it is a newer version than 70.00.367, which also blocks everything, I guess that you can not use the ID7v2 process to enable the installation of AIO tweaks via USB. Time will show, if there will be a solution for 74.00.200. But as this firmware is not available in the wild for testing so far, it is somehow impossible to test so far. ID7v2 only works for 70.00.335 and 70.00.352 as far as I know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When u hit enter and insert user and password do you enter root directory? E.g root/tmp/mnt? Or just default?
I tried default... and I can not confirm am I able to get to the root/tmp/mnt?
I guess that you can not use the ID7v2 process to enable the installation of AIO tweaks via USB.
Looks like that is true.

Thank you guys. I installed serial interface permanently, so I can do experiments without taking dashboard apart if any "ideas" will come. For now I will wait. May be some one will be more lucky them me.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Hint for the permanent interface connection: Do not let the serial usb adapter (cp2102) be connected permamently to the cmu. This will drain your battery, as the adapter also receives data from the cmu, when the car is locked and the adapter is not connected to a laptop. Only connect the cp2102 to the cable to the cmu when needed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hint for the permanent interface connection: Do not let the serial usb adapter (cp2102) be connected permamently to the cmu. This will drain your battery, as the adapter also receives data from the cmu, when the car is locked and the adapter is not connected to a laptop. Only connect the cp2102 to the cable to the cmu when needed.
:)
I just run the serial interface wires from the CMU with a connector into the glove box for easy access.

·
Registered
9 Posts
New guy here. Been reading and poking around but I cant quite figure out if I can install aoi tweaks if I have version 7000.367
Is this guide safe and up to date? Will it work?
Just want to be sure before I jump in

Thanks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
New guy here. Been reading and poking around but I cant quite figure out if I can install aoi tweaks if I have version 7000.367
@iitywygms
No u can not install tweaks fw higher than fw70.00.352
Is this guide safe and up to date? Will it work?
Just want to be sure before I jump in.
Its up to date to FW70.00.352 only. Any fw higher than this is blocked for tweaks installation. Serial connection brute-force blocked atm for your fw70.00.367.

You will need to downgrade. More information ID7 Recovery v2 beware of risk. You have an extremely high chance of bricking your cmu permanently. Good luck.

Recommand/always to use old usb hub (usb hub with no phone icon) for all fw downgrade to minimize cmu bricking.

@iitywygms
I am going to install android auto using retrofit kit 00008fz34
Yes, thats simply easy, but downside is no touch mode for AA/cp, no HUD navigation turn-by-turn/street info for google/waze maps...etc cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
@iitywygms
No u can not install tweaks fw higher than fw70.00.352

Its up to date to FW70.00.352 only. Any fw higher than this is blocked for tweaks installation.

You will need to downgrade. More information ID7 Recovery v2 beware of risk. You have an extremely high chance of bricking your cmu permanently. Good luck.
Well that kinda sucks. Not gonna risk it. I am going to install android auto using retrofit kit 00008fz34
I assume that will be ok and pretty straight forward?

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
good day. Please tell me how to remove extra lines in a classic speedometer. In MZD-AIO, I only found this setting, but nothing depends on it.
or tell me what this setting is responsible for. I can't find information on the forums
Best regards, Vadim

P.S. Unfortunately, I don't know English. I use Google

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Running firmware 56.00.513 EU and have AA enabled through AIO v2.8.2 with AA version 3.7.5840 on my phone. Everything works but I am having audio issues like stuttering while navigation is open and spotify plays songs. I noticed that it looks like lag, i.e the system is processing something or trying something and it's creating the stutter. Also noticed this when Waze for example zooms in or out on the map or you take a turn at a trafficsign...it processes the map change, zooms in or out and stutter is created.

I tried different cables and disabling the Bluetooth, but it didnt fix this.

I only have 3 options installed:
  • Touchscreen while moving
  • No More Disclaimer
  • Android Auto Headunit App

Does anyone know what else i can try? Or maybe there is a fix?

Thanks in advance!
Hi, can you help me the firmware 56.00.513 EU. i Need a downgrade for use android auto?. Thank you

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
No, you do not need to downgrade or to upgrade. You can install the AIO Android Auto Tweak via USB with your current firmware version.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi, can you help me the firmware 56.00.513 EU. i Need a downgrade for use android auto?. Thank you
@robertoItalia77 click on the link below for more further information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2016 CX-5 GT. It has the last version of 59 that can be hacked without a serial. I have installed Mazda Tweaks AIO. I am missing all of the album art on my XM radio. I downloaded from the official mazda website Gracenote_1.1.1.02071_NA.mcg and when I plug in a USB, it cannot find any updates. Any suggestions? On a separate note, it also has the 2016 maps. If one were to look online for a message board on how to cough share cough map files...where would one look ? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you very much for the file. It loaded perfectly... I am now on version 9... However, I still do not get album art on any of my XM channels... Is there something I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Version 9 is the latest, which also is included in latest firmware 70.00.367. For the album art issue I do not know a solution. Perhaps others do.

8781 - 8800 of 8810 Posts