2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

6441 - 6460 of 6473 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is there any App or tweak in AIO that will show some more info from OBD2 ?
I'm asking if there is any way to display things such: Battery voltage (not Bat SOC), Oil Presure, Oil Temp, Fuel Temp (as there is a temp sensor in the car), DPF regen cycle... etc.
I'm asking because those options are available via OBD2 and I think there is a way already to read ECU/OBD2 via infotainment system.
Thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
Is there any App or tweak in AIO that will show some more info from OBD2 ?
I'm asking if there is any way to display things such: Battery voltage (not Bat SOC), Oil Presure, Oil Temp, Fuel Temp (as there is a temp sensor in the car), DPF regen cycle... etc.
I'm asking because those options are available via OBD2 and I think there is a way already to read ECU/OBD2 via infotainment system.
Thanks
This may be completely unrealistic given the limitations of the system but I like the concept! I have actually seen something similar on an older vehicle. I suppose that the data is readily available...the trick would be however, if it could be displayed in some way. Nice post @Yonef!

·
Registered
13 Posts
One other question:
My speedometer app does not show intake temp. (actually it shows "---")
My mazda 3 is Diesel Skyactiv-d 2015 2.2 150 HP - does this means that this model does not have a intake temperature sensor, or the sensor is broken?
Thanks

·
Registered
881 Posts
1. You want to do a firmware (FW) update?
2. Is the USB stick formatted FAT32 at a windows system? It should.
3. Which FW version exactly is currently at the MZD installed?
4. Which FW version exactly do you want to install?
5. Have you checked the hash sums of the file at the usb stick with the hash sums it should have? See hidrive server for the hash sums.
6. Is the usb stick recognized at all, when plugged into the car? Means showing up in top row for a short moment? Otherwise see bullet 2 or use another usb stick, as some are not recognized by the MZD.

·
Registered
6 Posts
HI i want to do a firmware (FW) update, i currently have 59.00.330 ADR I want the .564 but in the hidrive ADR is only on the .502A , is safe to use the EU version ?

·
Registered
881 Posts
If you use a region version which is not for your region, some things might not work. I would not recommend it.

And there is no FW 59.00.564 - for no region - just as info. And .546 NA I would not recommend, as there was deleted a setting for the rear camera due to legal reasons only - so .545 NA was better - from users perspective.

·
Registered
6 Posts
HI all, I just update my FW to .052A ADR and is ok but , is taking so log to start the usb and start playing the songs is there anything I can do to improve this ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I only have a black screen but the radio plays.
With Google Translate from German Forum:

In the hood lock is a small switch, which mediates whether the hood is open for maintenance purposes.The i-stop is disabled for maintenance purposes. The switch is fixed with a screw and has a plastic pin that sits in a bore. Loosen the screw, turn the switch so that the pin sits next to the hole and screw on again. Now it is no longer pressed with the hood closed and the i-stop is permanently deactivated!

Since we have no control light for the bonnet, there is also no error message!
Hello, I've seen this 'fix' before and I'm keen to implement it to save my sanity!
Would it be possible to provide information on how to get access to the hood lock and small switch.
I have plastic trim (cover) (over the space between the grille and radiator where the hood lock and small switch are located) that appear to be held in place by fasteners that are round black plastic with a smaller round piece in the middle (they look like a bulls eye). How do you open / release them?
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All, I have 2015 Mazda 6 GX. I want to update the firmware of the car as it has a lot of problems. I am not able to see the current version and how to update it.
Can someone please help me to update the firmware.
Thanks for help.

·
Registered
881 Posts
To get to know your current MZD firmware (FW) version go to MZD settings -> tab system -> about -> version (or something alike).

If the current software version is older than 55.00.650, update first to 70.00.100 (Downloadlink), then update to the latest version 70.00.352 (Downloadlink). If the current version is 55.00.650 or higher, you can update directly to 70.00.352.

Here you can download the latest FW for North America region (70.00.352 NA) and a PDF with the installation instruction. Stick to the word to it and read it before starting the update. All on your own risk. You could brick your CMU (new approx. 1000 USD). Mazda does not intend users to do FW updates. The PDF shows the instructions for their dealers. Good luck & fingers crossed, that your issues will be solved with the new FW :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
To get to know your current MZD firmware (FW) version go to MZD settings -> tab system -> about -> version (or something alike).

If the current software version is older than 55.00.650, update first to 70.00.100 (Downloadlink), then update to the latest version 70.00.352 (Downloadlink). If the current version is 55.00.650 or higher, you can update directly to 70.00.352.

Here you can download the latest FW for North America region (70.00.352 NA) and a PDF with the installation instruction. Stick to the word to it and read it before starting the update. All on your own risk. You could brick your CMU (new approx. 1000 USD). Mazda does not intend users to do FW updates. The PDF shows the instructions for their dealers. Good luck & fingers crossed, that your issues will be solved with the new FW :)
Hi Tristan,

Thanks for your reply.

But i was not able to find settings option in the system. I have attached picture of the system i have in my car. can you please check if you have any instructions about this one.

Thanks alot again.
Shivam

·
Registered
881 Posts
You do not have the MZD Connect System, I talked about. To me this looks like the TomTom NB1 like in the early CX-5. Sorry, I thought you have the MZD. I do not know anything about your entertainment system.

MZD:

·
Registered
349 Posts
I took the first step and installed AIO. I have a few issues that I'm trying to resolve but I would like to just ask about one.

Ever since the installation, the entire infotainment system seems really dull witted. Everything is much slower to load as well as to respond to user inputs.

Any ideas? I did not change the firmware version or upgraded Gracenote. I would like to avoid adding more variables until I can address the current issues.

Thank you!

6441 - 6460 of 6473 Posts