2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

6461 - 6473 of 6473 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'd also like to ask one more thing. I installed the "no more beeps" I think it's called but my seat-belt still chimes. What do I have to do to disable it? Thanks!

·
Registered
300 Posts
hello, the tweak "no mor beep" deactivates the "beep" of infotainment, the seat belt beep is not deactivable, fortunately, because it is a security element

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I took the first step and installed AIO. [...] Ever since the installation, the entire infotainment system seems really dull witted. Everything is much slower to load as well as to respond to user inputs. Any ideas? I did not change the firmware version or upgraded Gracenote. [...]
I guess that the only way to make the firmware faster is to update it to at least to the latest FW 59 for your region (install ID7/Autorun tweak from AIO before updating).

·
Registered
401 Posts
I guess that the only way to make the firmware faster is to update it to at least to the latest FW 59 for your region (install ID7/Autorun tweak from AIO before updating).
Hello @Tristan-cx5! I will try this suggestion. I want to understand one thing before I do anything. I thought I read a post where you told someone to install the ID7 first, followed by the firmware update, and only then install the individual tweaks. When I ran the ID7, the tweaks were installed automatically on my flash drive. Is that wrong? Should I redo it?

I did install Gracenote V 7 yesterday and I wanted to ask if I should go ahead with Ver 9 before proceeding. My current firmware version is 55 and my plan was to install the ver 59 fail-safe first and then "re-install" the same (but not fail-safe) version. I can post the full version numbers shortly when I get home.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Correct, that`s what I know (perhaps there are more/other solutions): ID7 first, followed by the firmware update, and then install the individual tweaks.

If it is possible to install ID7 and other tweaks at once, that would be nice. I never tried it - might be possible. But this only makes sense, if you do not update your FW at this session. As far as I know most tweaks are deleted at a FW update. So before planning/doing a FW update, there is no need to install the other tweaks.

I always updated FW first and then updated Gracenote separately, if a newer Gracenote version was available than provided by the FW. Sometimes a FW update also includes a Gracenote update. I would do the FW update first, then check the Gracenote version and then decide if an update is necessary. I do not know, which FW includes which Gracenote-version.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Also, I just downloaded these files again but they are a bit different; perhaps just dates and nothing else. I don't know. But should I move everything in the folder with the newer dates into the flash drive? The new one (below) also includes several files in addition to folders. I know I should probably remove the highlighted zip file but should I move everything else? And "this" is what is defined as ID7? Is that correct? Because the other file I downloaded was the one that launched the AIO tweaks. Thank you!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I think I did things wrong from my own misunderstanding of the word tweaks. Is this highlighted checkbox the only one I should be running first, before upgrading firmware or installing AIO tweaks? I thought that ID7 was a separate program but I'm thinking that is wrong. Also, I downloaded the newer 2.8.5. Should I go with that one instead?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The difference in your files/folders/screenshots is:
  • ID7 from AIO (use up to/including 70.00.100) from Serial Connection (your second screenshot, folders start with 00 and 01)
  • ID7v2 via serial method only - from ID7 Recovery v2 - only recommended for FW 70.00.335 and above. (your first screenshot, folders start with 02 and 44)
These files need to be at the usb stick for doing the ID7 thing. If you want to install tweaks after installing the ID7, you could delete all files from the usb stick before or format it.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Your highlight in AIO screenshot is the way to the ID7/Autorun-Tweak. Click that and then on the top compile to compile the id7 tweak to an usb stick. I would recommend to first do this (ID7) and after doing this, delete all files from the usb stick or take another one and then compile all other tweaks. As you have FW 55 and want to update to FW 59, you are fine with the ID7 from AIO.

·
Registered
401 Posts
* UPDATE *
Thanks @Tristan-cx5!
  1. Removed all tweaks
  2. Installed ID7 only
  3. Installed firmware 59.00.545 fail safe
  4. Reinstalled firmware 59.00.545
  5. Gracenote automatically updated to ver. 8.0
  6. Installed "some" AIO tweaks
Still pending:
  1. Smaller flash drive for music files seems to be helping with slow system response (only 1 day of testing)
  2. Have to determine which version of AA to try next
  3. "May" add other tweaks individually to see if they work without slowing down response
  4. Open to any suggestions!
Hopefully this might help someone out there who has found this whole topic as confusing as I have.

6461 - 6473 of 6473 Posts