2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I want to buy some tsw neptune wheels but for the size im aiming for the offset its too much +30 on 19 x 8.5 i dont want the wheels to stick out of the fender line too much the other sizes are 19 x 9.5 +39 that sounds perfect but i worry i need to roll the fenders (witch i dont want to) on stock suspension. Any suggestions? Most important to me is to leave stock everything and the rims are 19

·
Registered
2021 M3TH
2 Posts
I want to buy some tsw neptune wheels but for the size im aiming for the offset its too much +30 on 19 x 8.5 i dont want the wheels to stick out of the fender line too much the other sizes are 19 x 9.5 +39 that sounds perfect but i worry i need to roll the fenders (witch i dont want to) on stock suspension. Any suggestions? Most important to me is to leave stock everything and the rims are 19
I havent had much time working with this wheel well, but just by the numbers you are going to struggle with either of those wheels. Your best bet to to stay under 8.5 in width and to keep offset as close to 40 as possible. The +30 would have enough poke to not look like it should be on your car. And the 19x9.5 et 39 would net you about 30mm of more poke from stock. Use this website, https://www.willtheyfit.com/, it will tell you alot about how much extra room is needed and all you'll need to do is measure

·
Registered
6 Posts
I havent had much time working with this wheel well, but just by the numbers you are going to struggle with either of those wheels. Your best bet to to stay under 8.5 in width and to keep offset as close to 40 as possible. The +30 would have enough poke to not look like it should be on your car. And the 19x9.5 et 39 would net you about 30mm of more poke from stock. Use this website, https://www.willtheyfit.com/, it will tell you alot about how much extra room is needed and all you'll need to do is measure
Many thanks ill check on the website and your advice is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Right now im looking at a 19 x 8.5 +40mm set up hoping i can fit it perfectly without any further modifications

·
Registered
2021 M3TH
2 Posts
Right now im looking at a 19 x 8.5 +40mm set up hoping i can fit it perfectly without any further modifications
Hey Stieven,

That is pretty much the size I am in the market for as well. Here is a direct link from willtheyfit. https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.p...2=35&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=8-5&offset2=40

I havent had the time to measure myself but this looks to be about flush and shouldnt require any rolling unless lowered or a larger tire size is selected going by previous posts.

I would urge you to whip out a ruler and determine how much extra poke you are interested in having on the car.

Maybe someone with a bit more experience with this car can hop in and let us know what's about flush.

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
All I can do is guess as an exercise. If stock is 45 offset on a 7" rim, you're pushing the wheel out from there by:

8.5-7 = 1.5 /2 = .75", or 19mm.

If the factory wheel is inset from the frame of the car by ~13mm, then the rim width difference alone puts you 6mm outside the frame.

Then going to 40mm offset would push the rim out by an additional 5mm.

So 11mm outside the frame total, or about half an inch out from flush.

Flush on an 8.5 might need a 50 offset to undo that 6mm poke? I think the gen3s had a 50 offset...

61 - 68 of 68 Posts