2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2020 Mazda 3 sedan and I'm considering selling my oem wheels, (I have winter tires and wheels on the car now), and getting a nice set of aftermarket wheels. Looking for ideas. My 3 is Machine Gray.

Show us a pic of your 2019/2020 3 with aftermarket wheels!

·
Registered
260 Posts

Focal F20 black painted wheels, lighter than OEM and inexpensive, will probably require paint touch ups or plastidip in the future.

Main weirdness with them is they have additional drilled stud holes (they probably fit multiple cars that way), and if you buy open wheels you are going to have an itch to paint your calipers a cool color, or to come and complain that you think Mazda rotors look too small when you can see them through the wheel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
View attachment 274227

Focal F20 black painted wheels, lighter than OEM and inexpensive, will probably require paint touch ups or plastidip in the future.

Main weirdness with them is they have additional drilled stud holes (they probably fit multiple cars that way), and if you buy open wheels you are going to have an itch to paint your calipers a cool color, or to come and complain that you think Mazda rotors look too small when you can see them through the wheel.
Funny I never took in that's how Mazda mounted their rear calipers until this photo.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Looks good. I may get something similar, but with a recessed center that angles out.. instead of it being flush.
CK

·
Banned
50 Posts
  • Wheels:
  • AMERICAN RACING AUTHENTIC HOT ROD AR605 TORQ-THRUST M CHROME PLATED Tires

• 225/50R17 Continental PureContact with EcoPlus Technology

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks good. I may get something similar, but with a recessed center that angles out.. instead of it being flush.
CK
Yea, I got these cuz they were only $300 from my brother but like you, I do wanna get some with more of the concaved look. I'm looking for a split 5 spoke wheel. Still debating if I wanna stick with black or a dark gray

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice.. I like them more then previous.. Maybe it would be interesting to label one spoke of every rim with contrasted sticker signiture of you, white or maybe red. Just to de-black it a little bit..

But generally very nice..

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nice.. I like them more then previous.. Maybe it would be interesting to label one spoke of every rim with contrasted sticker signiture of you, white or maybe red. Just to de-black it a little bit..

But generally very nice..

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
I’m looking into nuts in a contrasting color to break it up a bit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can we post more pictures to see the offset?

I'm eyeing on 18x8.5 size, but still researching on the offset. +35 will be additional 29mm outward. +42 to 45 will be safe to tuck under the fender line.

·
Super Moderator
4,870 Posts
Can we post more pictures to see the offset?

I'm eyeing on 18x8.5 size, but still researching on the offset. +35 will be additional 29mm outward. +42 to 45 will be safe to tuck under the fender line.
29mm measure from where?
Stay with + 38 or greater and you should be fine as long as the tire size is correct.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts