2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Speedometer tweak doesn't work with scion iA, (the needle doesn't move nor does compass - I really like the app too :( is there any alternatives to try?) I tried 3.5 and the latest 4.0 w/ video.

·
Registered
385 Posts
We need to get the blue NAV files from the sCion iA user !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When the Nav prices drop a lot on my ebay I'll pick one up, I just recently got it. But every other tweaks you guys made has been working :)! I love the skip the beginning setup screen.

·
Registered
385 Posts
We need to get the blue NAV files from the sCion iA user !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I been researching online, it seems like the Scion iA uses HERE maps and changing CID is different cause the NNP changer keeps failing. (I tried the Mazda 3 maps, and posted my results there)

:smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
What is scion iA for a car? Nothing from Mazda, I guess.
Are there any other MZD tweaks that works? Maybe the retrieval of car data is different to Mazda's. In this case someone has to check how we can get such values.
Manage to use the date and status mph update and it work with status bar speed change with GPS but the speedometer still doesn't work, tried everything but at least the speed updates on the status bar! I'll upload pics later thanks so much for you hard work :))!

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
I think that the files we need are at

/jci/nng/ux/

Or if you can zip and upload the whole nng folder can be helpful for us :smile2:
Loll that's the first thing I did when I got the car. Alright I'll zip it up tonight and upload it to Dropbox and post the link. If anyone could help do my nng editing would be great too.. It keeps changing/not allow yo change the CID

·
Registered
385 Posts
I think that the files we need are at

/jci/nng/ux/

Or if you can zip and upload the whole nng folder can be helpful for us :smile2:
Loll that's the first thing I did when I SSH the car. Alright I'll zip it up tonight and upload it to Dropbox and post the link. If anyone could help do my nng editing would be great too.. It keeps changing/not allow yo change the CID

·
Registered
385 Posts
It's true! JinZ is our savior! By the way, all you have to do is add the "_skin_jci_bluedemo.zip" to the ux folder, not every single other zip.
I'll try by this weekend, I'm going to attempt again to use there map provided by Mazda 3 and i'll download the folder then. I'm certain I'm doing everything right and the scion nav just wants a here map. Can someone else share their JCI? perhaps I could use theres or do you think it'll brick my car :[

Perhaps someone can share there JCI folder :) (on the Mazda 3 of course) so I can do some cross file comparison.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I tried to extract a version matching mine (753A) and it requires a password - I tried jci. is there a universal password or am i doing something wrong?
never nm found it, I'll upload my JCI folder soon trying to find the NNG files in these zips ><

·
Registered
385 Posts
never nm found it, I'll upload my JCI folder soon trying to find the NNG files in these zips ><
I have no idea how to extract data files at all... can someone give me some guidance or a link to a pre extract jci or nng folder for 753A...

Sorry for reposting but some reason I can't edit in my chrome browser.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Here you can find the password for all MZD FW versions.
You have to extract /rootfs1upd/e0000000001.dat.gz, rename the containing .dat to e0000000001.tar.gz and extract it again.
Inside e0000000001.tar you'll find /jci/nng and all other stuff.

btw: Release of Speedometer v4.1 with video player as native apps

Here's diginix I'll look into soon, i'm copying my entire JCI folder right now (Scion iA) it's a huge dump and wifi keeps disconnecting i want a good copy so I might be a while before I get it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Here's diginix I'll look into soon, i'm copying my entire JCI folder right now (Scion iA) it's a huge dump and wifi keeps disconnecting i want a good copy so I might be a while before I get it up.
Mean to say thanks* I think the edit button is broken for me :\. I'm using Chrome anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Why you don't copy the JCI folder from MZD to an USB stick in car, or use the full backup feature from AIO that did the same?
It is much more faster than copying over wifi.
Omg, thanks... I been moving my computer close to my car and wifi close and it keeps disconnecting. Thanks I'll do that instead.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Here is small howto extract the Mazda CMU Firmware

- xxxx.up is the file name (eg: cmu150_NA_55.00.760A_reinstall.up)
- pswd is the password for the archive (click here)

unzip -P pswd xxxx.up -d tempdisk
cd tempdisk
find . -name "*.gz" | while read filename; do gzip -d "$filename"; done;
cd ..
mkdir cmufw
cd cmufw
tar xvfz ../tempdisk/rootfs1upd/e0000000001.dat
cd ..
Thanks! I was able to get to the files after some constant extracts from 7zip. I replace the jci file from that to my car after edits to the nng but it still says the SD car is invalid the navigation loading screen came up (as before as well). I'm assuming that wasn't the reason why it didn't open.

I wish I could just flash a Mazda 3 system over mine but I don't wanna risk it. I'll get a copy of my JCI soon with the AIO file back up.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Guys, please read more, than asking already answered questions.

We are busy here to answer all questions than having time for developing.

What is recommended and what not is very individual. But yes, some tweaks are often used than others.
(touch enable, menu loop, fast scroll, fast boot, pause on mute, transparent images)
Awesome looking good

1 - 20 of 70 Posts