2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I disconnected my battery during my intake install, and right after I installed everything I plugged the battery back in and now the little screen that displays "zoom zoom" or "hello" for the skyactiv's, it no longer appears when I open the door :argh 1:. Anybody have a quick fix for this? I would hate to make a trip to the dealer for hours for something like this. Thanks in advance guys.

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
I disconnected my battery during my intake install, and right after I installed everything I plugged the battery back in and now the little screen that displays "zoom zoom" or "hello" for the skyactiv's, it no longer appears when I open the door :argh 1:. Anybody have a quick fix for this? I would hate to make a trip to the dealer for hours for something like this. Thanks in advance guys.
Probably a personalization feature you can easily reset or may be in your manual. I don't have that feature since I don't have a skyactiv but I'm sure someone else on here knows.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Not sure what it may be. My only advice would be to disconnect the battery again for a few minutes. May just have had a glitch.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Turn on radio > press the audio control 7x times (right small knob on the radio panel )> it will say welcome OFF > spin the knob to the right and should say ON.
Switch car of wait 2 sec then turn it back on and you should get that message and welcome tone

sent from that intę[email protected]@ct!c Sh!Tž!

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Duh I knew how to do it but I didn't even think of to tell him that. There ya go listen to the smart people lol. ;-)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Exactly what final said ^^

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, so here's what is interesting to me. If I open the driver door and sit in the driver seat, there's a delay but it will come on but if I was to open the rest of the doors, it does not come on. I know it used to come on no matter which door I opened. I know it's not end of the world if I don't have this but a setting should be easy to find for me lol.

I double-checked and made sure the "welcome" feature was turned on when I was flipping during my settings.

·
Registered
61 Posts
On my 2012 the Zoom-Zoom only pops up when I open the driver's door, or after I have unlocked the doors from the remote and then open any door. So yeah it will show when you open any door, but only as long as you have just unlocked all doors after that have been locked.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's going to the dealer tomorrow, maybe they can give me some insight. I would hate to go to the dealer every time I work on my car.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got back from the dealer, it looks like some models do and some don't. The service writer couldn't exactly give me a reason why some do and some don't but it might be all in my head as well. I know for a fact when I had my Skyactiv it says "hello" when you open the door on the passenger side but I'm gonna let it be. I'll be working on my car a lot this year so I won't bother with it anymore. Oh and he quoted me $115 to do personalization options, I said that better come with the new gunmetal MS3 wheels :tongue:

·
Registered
61 Posts
My dealer charged $49.95 for personalization options.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yah there was another dealer about 20ish miles apart that was charging $50 to enable them. I actually wondered how each dealer can have individual prices even though it's from Mazda. If I bought it used from lets say Ford or Hyundai I can understand charging me.

I'm not too bothered with it now, when I was at the dealer the service writer went with me to the cars on the lot and we tested them, some had it, some didn't. He was puzzled and I said ahh forget it lol. It still does say Zoom Zoom but only when I sit down on the driver seat.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Got back from the dealer, it looks like some models do and some don't. The service writer couldn't exactly give me a reason why some do and some don't but it might be all in my head as well. I know for a fact when I had my Skyactiv it says "hello" when you open the door on the passenger side but I'm gonna let it be. I'll be working on my car a lot this year so I won't bother with it anymore. Oh and he quoted me $115 to do personalization options, I said that better come with the new gunmetal MS3 wheels :tongue:
$115 Bucks for Personalization is a Joke! Just had a few settings changed including Smart Turn. There was NO Charge, Hell its a Laptop/OBD set-up took them about 10 mins.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Speaking of disconnecting the battery, when you do it, what happens? Does the gas mileage get wiped out and start over?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah the gas mileage average and average speed gets reset too in the process.
It doesn't reset the odo does it? It wouldn't make sense if it did.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Zoom Zoom message

The suggestions are good, but I found that with my Mazda 3 , you only get the "zoom-zoom" message at random times when you open the driver side door and put in the key. I can't figure out what triggers it to occur. It might be triggered by how long you are out of the car, how quickly you get in or maybe completely random 1 in 4 times.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts