2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

New to the Mazda family with a 2015 Mazda 3 GS in Soul Red and 6MT. Searched Autotrader for hatchbacks in my price/mileage range and found this one at a heck of a great price so jumped on it. Really liking it a lot. What a great car!

Had it three whole days before buying my first accessory.. the floating storage tray under the hatch cover. Very convenient.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a private sale. Here it is when I picked it up.

The previous owner was the second owner. When he bought it there were quite a few stone chips on the front bumper and windshield, and some scuffs on the rear bumper from bad parkers. The dealer changed the windshield and repainted the bumpers as part of the deal, and didn't do the best job of color matching the paint. It shows up more in this photo than in most real world lighting conditions.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a fellow newbie,

Car looks amazing. We’re, hopefully, picking ours up on a Saturday if all goes well in same colour 👍

The floating shelf looks awesome but I’m not sure we can get it as we need to get pushchair in an out so it’s currently on the reserved list as it looks a really useful addition!

Enjoy!

Geoffers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
.... if all goes well in same colour 👍
I was hoping to find a blue one or titanium grey, but now that I have had it for a week I really prefer the soul red. It looks really nice at night and on rainy days. It's a really nice color with a lot of depth to it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reviving my first thread. On January 6th I was in the right lane of a three lane interstate and a semi in the middle lane did a lane change into me. I was at his 1 o'clock position. He ended up pushing me on the left rear quarter panel which basically did a pit maneuver and rotated me so that I was sideways across the front of his bumper, at 60mph. He then slammed on the brakes and veered to the right, which rotated me further around to the left side of his truck, with my door and mirror stuck in his wheel well.

There was no actual impact, just a push and rotate. No airbags deployed, and I was completely uninjured. Car is totaled.

I am very impressed with how well it handled this accident. Both doors still open and close, and both windows still work. I was in Buffalo on my way back to Toronto when this happened. I had to drive it a few miles to the next exit as the highway shoulders were too small to do the paperwork safely, and it drove pretty well. I ended up driving it home that night as I didn't want to deal with a rental car and transferring all of my luggage and personal effects to the rental, then driving the rental across the border. If it was going to get totaled I had a few things installed in the car that I wanted to keep, and didn't have the right tools to remove them on the side of the road.

Sad to see it go. I put 30,000 miles on it in the last year and it was always quiet, comfortable, and reliable while returning excellent mileage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts