2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Codger
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can ignore this post if you prefer your music played in random shuffle mode.

I use MediaHuman Audio Converter to load albums from iTunes onto a USB thumb drive. It couldn't be easier: launch MHAC, specify the destination and compression preferences, then simply drag album(s) from your open iTunes album-view window into the MHAC window. The artist-album-song folder structure is preserved, and the cover art transfers correctly. There are both PC and Mac versions, and they're free.

The problem is multi-disc albums. iTunes begins the song filenames with 1-, 2-, etc., to designate the disc number, and MHAC maintains that convention appropriately, but Connect doesn't understand. It plays 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 1-2, 2-2, etc., which is annoying with, say, an opera or live rock concert where the order matters.

The only solution I've found is to change the tags in iTunes (using each cut's Info dialog) to lump everything onto one "disc." Don't forget to change both the track numbers and the disc numbers ("1 of 1," instead of "1 of 2"). Filenames will adjust to match, but you needn't worry about that. Then, the cuts will play in the correct order in your car.

Hope this keeps someone else from tearing the rest of his hair out...

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,444 Posts
I simply add "...(Disc 1)" "...(Disc 2)" etc. at the end of the album name and the Mazda system will list each disc individually for playback.

You can enter the disc 1 of 2 information correctly if you do it this way.
CK

Reactions: sc489

·
Codger
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does Disc 2 continue playing automatically as soon as Disc 1 is finished?

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,444 Posts
No, you need to go back to the album list and select it.
CK

·
Codger
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that's what I expected. For me, it was worth the extra work, YMMV.

C'mon, CarPlay!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts