2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Headlamps are clear for a reason, of course any tint will reduce light output. It escapes me as to why anyone would want to reduce light output for the sake of appearance.

Pat.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Headlamps are clear for a reason, of course any tint will reduce light output. It escapes me as to why anyone would want to reduce light output for the sake of appearance.

Pat.
Saw an Infinity G35/37 and a Explorer today with dark tinted headlight covers...smh.

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
The safer way to do this and stay quasi-legal is (I'll be doing this soon) bake open the light and paint the chrome bits with a yellow tint. You might lose verrrrrrry minimal output from the high beams and turn signals but you can easily compensate with better bulbs.

Reactions: tastic

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
The safer way to do this and stay quasi-legal is (I'll be doing this soon) bake open the light and paint the chrome bits with a yellow tint. You might lose verrrrrrry minimal output from the high beams and turn signals but you can easily compensate with better bulbs.

^^ This...use duplicolor metal cast yellow, keep it thin and sand smooth.

Just as an example...not mine...pics stolen from Google...

ImageUploadedByAG Free1434671264.314801.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1434671274.316539.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts