Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would like just the halo without the wrap around eyebrow LEDs
I like the halos, but I think I like the LED eyebrow effect more. I had a pair of halos on my previous car, and loved them. I will deffinatly have to think about this one, I like both styles of LED, but I'm not sure if all the illumination would be "too much". Was also thinking of putting XB halos in the headlight assembly, but I'd have to get them professionally installed, and I've read that that is a pretty big expense. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I purchased these for substantially less from china and shipped for Free to the UK. The foglight was not em so was not plug and play, you would need to cut the stock plug and hardwire. The build quality of the halo/foglight pice was poor so I agreeed with the seller not to pay for the foglight piece but just the cover with the led in it which i am really happy with. So now I have 2 foglight with Halo pieces just sat in my garage!

Reactions: Tfoutz91

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I purchased these for substantially less from china and shipped for Free to the UK. The foglight was not em so was not plug and play, you would need to cut the stock plug and hardwire. The build quality of the halo/foglight pice was poor so I agreeed with the seller not to pay for the foglight piece but just the cover with the led in it which i am really happy with. So now I have 2 foglight with Halo pieces just sat in my garage!
Wow, thanks for the heads-up, since the halos are poor quality I'll probably just be sticking with the led trim cover and just a regular fog projector lamp, also just out of curiosity, did the fog lights you bought come with a switch or did you have to buy that separate? And also can I ask the website you found those on? I would like to keep it plug and play, Im not very good with wires and don't have proper tools to modify it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
LED lights

Wow, thanks for the heads-up, since the halos are poor quality I'll probably just be sticking with the led trim cover and just a regular fog projector lamp, also just out of curiosity, did the fog lights you bought come with a switch or did you have to buy that separate? And also can I ask the website you found those on? I would like to keep it plug and play, Im not very good with wires and don't have proper tools to modify it.
You can the LED trim lights on EBay Fit 2014 Mazda3 10W High Power 9 LED Daytime Running Lights DRL Fog Lamps Kit | eBay

Pretty simple to install - If you order them, go to the seller's website to find English instructions. Also, note that they only work when engine is running (somehow detects voltage increase, I think) once wired up. Instructions don't tell you this.

Re: your question on fog light switch - even if you buy the factory fog lights, you do not have to buy the Mazda switch - you can use any aftermarket 12V switch. All you need to buy is a wiring harness (and of course the switch) to make install pretty much plug and play. Here is link to wiring harness I used...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/H11-880-Rel...hts-LED-DRL-/131133430069?hash=item1e88295935

Hope this works out and don't be afraid to do it yourself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can the LED trim lights on EBay Fit 2014 Mazda3 10W High Power 9 LED Daytime Running Lights DRL Fog Lamps Kit | eBay

Pretty simple to install - If you order them, go to the seller's website to find English instructions. Also, note that they only work when engine is running (somehow detects voltage increase, I think) once wired up. Instructions don't tell you this.

Re: your question on fog light switch - even if you buy the factory fog lights, you do not have to buy the Mazda switch - you can use any aftermarket 12V switch. All you need to buy is a wiring harness (and of course the switch) to make install pretty much plug and play. Here is link to wiring harness I used...
H11 880 Relay Wiring Harness for HID Conversion Kit Add on Fog Lights LED DRL | eBay

Hope this works out and don't be afraid to do it yourself.
Thank you so much! This information is so helpful for me. I will deffinatly be getting these lights and the harness asap. Is this possible to install by prying back the plastic wall around the wheel? Or would i have to take off my front bumper? Also, does this foglight package not come with the actual foglight lamp? Or do these come with it also? I'm going to try it myself and see what happens. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay so scratch that last question about the foglight lamp, as I just realized there is a cover over it so all I'd have to do is plug and twist in a bulb. Is that right? Lol I feel dumb :001_unsure:

·
Registered
29 Posts
The fog light kit comes with a mounting bracket, the actual fog light (with bulb) and a trim that replaces the entire black plastic insert, which just pulls out. The LED kit comes with a trim that replaces either the blank trim or the fog light kit trim. Use can use the LEDs with our without fog lights. You do not remove the front bumper cover.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I enjoy mines. It's made in China so fitment isn't always the greatest.
Those look great! Could you provide a link for me for the set you got?
I really like the style of yours, did you need to do any kind of modifying to get it to fit right?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
And I love mine...different than Iceman's.

Attachments

Reactions: Tfoutz91

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was wanting to buy the same pair you have, but I don't have fog lights equipped on my mz3, so I would have to go and buy a separate set of fog light lamps and mounting brackets to put in these LED covers, is that right?
I did some calculations and it would cost about $260-$280. The set you bought didn't come with a mounting bracket did it? Did you use the mounting bracket from your previous stock fog lights? (if you had them stock that is) Many thanks Iceman!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I was wanting to buy the same pair you have, but I don't have fog lights equipped on my mz3, so I would have to go and buy a separate set of fog light lamps and mounting brackets to put in these LED covers, is that right?
I did some calculations and it would cost about $260-$280. The set you bought didn't come with a mounting bracket did it? Did you use the mounting bracket from your previous stock fog lights? (if you had them stock that is) Many thanks Iceman!
If you purchase the set of Spyder fog lights they'll come with the mounting bracket for about $130, then you'll need to get the controller stalk for actually controlling the fog lights for about $40, then the new LED covers about $100, so your estimation is right.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you purchase the set of Spyder fog lights they'll come with the mounting bracket for about $130, then you'll need to get the controller stalk for actually controlling the fog lights for about $40, then the new LED covers about $100, so your estimation is right.
oh sweet man thanks, the only thing about the spyder fog lights is the yellow film, do you know if there is any way I could remove the yellow film from the light? Or is that pretty much impossible? I can live with the yellow, its just not really what I like.

·
Registered
23 Posts
oh sweet man thanks, the only thing about the spyder fog lights is the yellow film, do you know if there is any way I could remove the yellow film from the light? Or is that pretty much impossible? I can live with the yellow, its just not really what I like.
There's a set that has a clear lens, which is what I got.

I don't see it on ebay anymore so you can probably msg the seller and see if they have any left

·
Registered
350 Posts
I enjoy mines. It's made in China so fitment isn't always the greatest.
Hey Iceman. Can you give me more angle view of your drl. I was always looking for that one which have a flat look to it instead of bunch of small led bulbs. Have pictures off it not lite too?

Thanks a bunch iceman.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hey Iceman. Can you give me more angle view of your drl. I was always looking for that one which have a flat look to it instead of bunch of small led bulbs. Have pictures off it not lite too?

Thanks a bunch iceman.
I'll chime in on this even though there is already a giant thread on these fog covers. Here's mine with a continuous beam of light.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts