2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would these fit without rubbing or pulling with eibachs? i know its close but just want to get some opinions. thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
would these fit without rubbing or pulling with eibachs? i know its close but just want to get some opinions. thanks
From what others have said, I calculate you have about 14mm before it starts rubbing. A 38 offset would take up 12mm of that so you'd have 2mm of play with a 215 width tire. If you go to 225, it would give you 17mm of poke and you would hit the fender. That said, 2mm clearance is awfully small and these numbers are theoretical.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that calculation based on the mazda stock 18s? i have the i touring with the 16x6.5 et 50 alloys. i was going to go with 18x8 et 45 but its quite not flushed. 7mm does make a difference.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
is that calculation based on the mazda stock 18s? i have the i touring with the 16x6.5 et 50 alloys. i was going to go with 18x8 et 45 but its quite not flushed. 7mm does make a difference.
Yes. Given that Mazda's specifications show that both the i models and s models have the same track, I assume there is no difference, however.

·
Registered
411 Posts
They Look Great, but dont think they'll Look like that on the Car. Concave wheels are Almost impossible with These ETs
I think you are right, those are probably then9inch wide wheels. That's why they have the big concave face.

But, I think they wheels look great and you should have any fitment problems.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just ended up getting some drag dr49 in charcoal grey. offset 45 to be safe. ill take pics when i put them on. thanks for all the input guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts