2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im currently deciding which rims to get... here is my choices xxr522 18x8.5 +30
xxr 521 18x8.5 Hyper Silver 5-114.3 +25 lmk what you guys think. or suggestion.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Im not a fan of XXRs so dont mind my negative opinion. If that's your price range on wheels than yea, go for it. Better than Rotas i guess.

But XXR 521 - Replicas of BBS LMs
XXR 522- Replicas of Volk TE37sl (Even though slightly different)

How i see it. But i would choose 521s? Since the 522s are ehhh

·
Registered
4,313 Posts

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Rotas in general are a much tougher wheel. But the LM rep looks much better.

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
i killed two volks at the track once, that was expensive. (Clipped the raised white and red track edge)

bent the rear, and cracked the front, didn't explode.

i seen rota Grids take a pounding and keep going, and when you do bend one, it doesn't cost 800-1000 to replace it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im not a fan of XXRs so dont mind my negative opinion. If that's your price range on wheels than yea, go for it. Better than Rotas i guess.

But XXR 521 - Replicas of BBS LMs
XXR 522- Replicas of Volk TE37sl (Even though slightly different)

How i see it. But i would choose 521s? Since the 522s are ehhh
well ive seen alot of mazda on xxr... but the wheels im getting at this moment only for show kind.
i wouldnt spend grands on rims atm tryna save up for airbags or boost lol...

·
Registered
465 Posts
I say 521 just cus they have always been my fav and I love basket weave look. I actually had these wheels in flat black on my e30 and i was one of the first to buy them. Those little rivet things do eventually fall off. After 2 years I started noticing them randomly missing.

The 522s are always on 240s so I hate them.

I have cracked a sport maxx rim on a road titty in Dallas but it only cracked because there was already a start there from the manufacturer. Sport maxx actually started putting on thier box now "warranty void after tire mount" because they have so many defected rims but I still love them. They are affordable and if you look them over real good when u get them there shouldn't b a problem. My first sport maxx purchase was my 002s. Looooved those.
Rotas as mentioned are trash.

·
ZOOM'IN around Mid-Ohio
212 Posts

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Just get the ones you like. Everyone has an opinion but it's your money and your car. Make sure your happy with the rims you choose. Because you are the one that has to look at them everyday.

·
zoom freakin' zoom
613 Posts
Just get the ones you like. Everyone has an opinion but it's your money and your car. Make sure your happy with the rims you choose. Because you are the one that has to look at them everyday.
Best advice, right there. Unless you have the money to throw around you can't switch up the wheels on a whim if you don't like them. That said, I do like both but would lean towards the 521 if it were my car.

Reactions: swerv0428

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Best advice, right there. Unless you have the money to throw around you can't switch up the wheels on a whim if you don't like them. That said, I do like both but would lean towards the 521 if it were my car.
Ha I've got a couple pockets of specialized knowledge. :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
The 522 don't look like te37? Rgrids look a little bit more similar. Varrstoens are way closer they're at least the same spoke. The closet thing that ive seen to rep of the te37 are the raze r74.
The varrstoen es1 look like the 521.
Anyways +1 for 521's

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
okay guys yeah im getting the 521 hopefully by next month ill get it..
and my friend will get the 522 so maybe someday we switch.
i was gonna get the vs-xx but its to deep for me specially im going boost soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts