2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a year ago I bought the Xuji steering wheel cover XuJi Leather Steering Wheel Cover for Mazda CX-5 CX-3 Mazda 6 Atenza Mazda 3 | eBay and it has been sitting on my workbench ever since. Decided to finally install it. I removed the steering wheel to make install easier. Not so sure it did make it easier or not but it was a bitch. I did screw it up a little. It was clocked a degree or two off and it is a little short on one side spoke and a little big on the other side. But not bad enough that I want to rip it off and try again.Here are a few pics

I really like the thickness of the steering wheel now. Very comfortable even for my smallish hands. Time will tell if it holds up well or not

Don

·
Registered
353 Posts
I just bought and applied one of the lace-up steering wheel covers like I've been using on all our vehicles for the last nearly 40 years. Love them. For them, you just have to keep even pressure on the wrap tension as you run it around. I usually nip off the excess ends and put some Auto Goop over the ends to keep them from undoing. I'd never remove the steering wheel to do this.

For the Miata, I bought one of those that you just stretch and pull over the wheel. Takes a tug or two to get it on, and it slips a bit initially when cold. Think it tightens up when warm.

The lace-on covers are great because they neither feel hot nor cold like a bare steering wheel, even a leather-covered one similar to the after market one you show that is stock on the sGT. The one on the Miata seems to have the same feel and is as good except for the initial slip when cold.

Ralph

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Looks good. I bought one about a year ago and tried putting it on multiple times over the year and finally gave up and bought a steering wheel cover lol I had a hard time tucking in the seams and making it look nice :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts