2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the packages are different in Canada then the States, but hopefully you guys can help me out.

When I ordered my 3 GT (2.5L), I didn't order it with the technology package which includes XM radio. I'm kindda regretting my decision for not doing so because I have satellite radio on my other car and I'd like to have it on the 3.

I'm wondering in order to get XM in the 3's infotainment system, do I need additional hardware (part number is appreciated) or is it a dealer unlock feature. I mean the infotainment should be the same as long as you have the same 7" system right? Maybe my logic is wrong but here in Canada, if you have the GS all you have to buy is the SD card for the Nav and you're golden. Wouldn't it be the same for the XM radio, turn a switch and it's there? I mean the antenna is already there.

Anyhow, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I can't say for certain how it is on the Mz3 but in general vehicles with SiriusXM will have a seperate tuner and a different antenna in the car. This makes it difficult and expensive to add after purchase.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yup, cars with the SiriusXM will have the shark fin antenna on the roof of the car.

For the dealer to add, it probably is expensive. However, there are radio add-ons that you can purchase at about any electronics store or car audio store. These may not integrate with stock radio, but they can be added fairly easily and connect through AUX port.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/SiriusXM-Satellite-Radio-SXPL1V1-Vehicle/dp/B00I59XQKO/ref=sr_1_1?s=car&ie=UTF8&qid=1411590466&sr=1-1&keywords=sirius+xm[/ame]

It appears that they do sell kits for siriusxm ready cars that are only $200, but integrate with the stereo system. I didn't see one for Mazda's, so it may not hurt to contact your local dealer and see what they say.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Mazda 3GT is the equivalence of the GT s Sport in the states, I have the 7" screen and the shark fin antenna. So technically should be there right? haha

·
Registered
574 Posts
The Mazda 3GT is the equivalence of the GT s Sport in the states, I have the 7" screen and the shark fin antenna. So technically should be there right? haha
If you have the shark fin, I would think so. Maybe the dealer removed the module from the car? I'm not sure where the equipment is placed in the car, but it may not hurt to poke around and see if they just disconnected it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts