2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

XenonPro.com anybody?

10K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  crazytrain513 
#1 ·
While a bit expensive, it seems to be pretty legit. You can pick whatever color you would like (I'm thinking 6000K or 8000K) and you can just 35W or 55W.

Anyone have any experience with these guys?

Would I need to have low beam and high beam?

http://www.xenonpro.com/mazda-3-2014/

#3 ·
If you want a simple plug and play kit look up DDM Tuning's slim ballast HID kit. They now ship for $45 to Canada and they have a lifetime warranty on their HID kits.

Anything beyond 6000k is useless if you want better visibility than halogen. The most popular range is 4300-6000k.

Hope that helps.

#4 ·
While a bit expensive, it seems to be pretty legit. You can pick whatever color you would like (I'm thinking 6000K or 8000K) and you can just 35W or 55W.

Mazda 3 2014: HID Headlights Kits - Xenon HID Conversion Kits - FREE Shipping & Lifetime Warranty | XenonPro.com
DO NOT GO 6000+K. Stick to a nice color like 4300-5000 and you'll be much happier. I've not tried ddm but have heard mixed reviews. Personally I use theretrofitsource.com; everyone who knows what they're talking about likes that place.

#8 ·

Mazda 3 2014: HID Headlights Kits - Xenon HID Conversion Kits - FREE Shipping & Lifetime Warranty | XenonPro.com
Yeah don't go 6000+, it'll be both ugly and perform worse. Not to mention annoying as hell to other drivers

#9 · (Edited)
Thank you all for the replies/advice. It seems either XenonPro or retrofitsource.com will be the best options?

Seems people who went for cheaper versions were (for the most part) a bit underwhelmed. I hope to keep this one for as long as it allows me so hopefully that is at least 10 years so I don't mind putting in a bit more for the quality.

How about installation? I've never done anything like this before but like to think I'm savvy about technology. Is it a tough job? Any recommendations? I have looked through a few threads of the users here who did installations and it seems most go through the wheel well. Is there some place where I can find clear, for-dummies instructions on how to complete this job? I don't want to install them incorrectly, unsafely, or void the warranty anymore than I have to lol

A couple questions:

1) Why nothing higher than 6000k? I quite liked the bluer tinge

2) 35w vs 55w...recommendations? 55w is $20 more. Is it worth it?

#10 ·
1) Blue is incredibly hard on your eyes at night and makes everything harder to see. It also has a lower lumen count than lower K bulbs.

2) Id stick with 35W, Xenons are already hotter than halogens, running a "55w" in that space just increases your chances of burning the bowl in the projector.

#11 ·
I've been reading A LOT of hidplanet recently so I feel I should chime in. Xenon bulbs produce the most about of light at 4300 kelvin. Human night vision likes longer wavelengths, so white / yellow is best. As you increase in color temp the amount of light decreases. Hids will not last for 10 years, more like 2-4 regardless of how much you spend. Because our cars do not take oem style xenon bulbs your stuck with aftermarket so quality will suffer. Pretty much the best you can get is trs. Go with a 35 Watt lowbeam (h11 NOT B). I do a lot of backroad driving so I went 55 Watt high (9005). If you have to have a higher temp go 5000k instead of 4300k. To install remove the front bumper and follow trs instructions. It took me two hours with no experience.

#12 ·
The only exception to the 4300K/most lumens rule is Osram's Cool Blue Intense(CBI) bulbs. They are rated at 5000K and 3500 lumens vs. 3200 lumens for OEM 4300K. As others have said, stick with 4300K-5500K for color temperature. The human eye is very complex and has far fewer cones to receive blue light than other colors.

Xenon capsules can physically last 10 years or more without ever "burning out". The difference is that after so many hours of use, they begin to color shift and lose luminosity. They will progressively get blue and then start to turn pink. Ever notice early 2000's Mercedes, Acura TL's, Nissan Maximas, etc, with one or both lights looking pink? They are likely still original bulbs.

The Retrofit Source(TRS) is going to be the best quality aftermarket you can get. The Xenon Pro stuff is just a more expensive version of the same Chinese kits like DDM and eBay. 35w will be plenty. 50w+ will cause several issues, the main one being impairment to your own vision. Reason being, halogen projectors are designed for a halogen light source. As such, they tend to have a lot of foreground light, usually poor width, and distance is usually lackluster without projector mods(clear lens+re-aim minimum). This basically means that with 50w+, you dump so much foreground light in front of you that it kills your distance vision in the dark. Other issues being possible projector damage due to heat and excessive light bleed off due to the squirrel finders.

#13 ·
Speaking of HID kits, it's crazy how crazy cheap they are now. When I bought my first plug and play Philips HID kit back in 2002, it cost me $650 for the kit. I remember having to save up for months so I can get it. Now you can get a kit for around $50 or less lol

But yeah, like others have said, stick with the lower k bulbs. Blue looks nice but it'll make you tired more when driving at night. I get all my HID stuffs from TRS :)

#15 ·
Haha that's industry for you. Products become more readily available and easier to produce with time and with more advance methods. Likewise, I get most if not all my HIDs from TRS. They have good products and they back it up with a great warranty too.

#18 ·
12 24V H11 4300K Germany Asic Chip Hylux Xenon HID Conversion Kit Philips W5W | eBay

Hylux and CNlight HID kit. Same ballasts used by XenonDepot, Xenon Supply and a few others HID sites as their "Premium" level ballasts. Cnlight bulbs are good bulbs with metal mounts and ceramic bulb bases.

Not sure if you can pick H11b Bulbs though. I have these on my GF's 2nd gen, also H11 if i remember right. Working great. There is a slight shadow on the light output from the ground wire. I did not know about H11 a vs b when i purchased. Maybe you can ask the seller.

#21 ·
Wow, a wealth of very helpful information from all! Thanks to everyone. Feel free to keep the good info coming!

I think I'll probably aim for 5000k because a black car with a tinge of blue in the headlights has always appealed to me...

Seems xenonpro is NOT the best option as you all seem to have provided similar options for better prices. It looks like the general consensus is either H11 or H11B will work but H11 is better because the ground wire is on the bottom which prevents shadow...is this right? And H11A? I see some that say that as well on the kits you all provided.

Someone mentioned removing the bumper in order to do the job. Is this really necessary as it seems many just go in from the wheel wells. I'm handy, but more with guitars and computers than cars, so I want to make sure I study everything and do it right the first time with nonexistent damage to the car.

Thanks again for the help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.