2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Xenon headlights shake over bumps

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  222speed3 
#1 ·
When driving over bumps, I scan see the beam from my xenons shake. Anyone else have this? I also have an 08 with xenons and those don't do this. I know they're a bit different since the 2016 has AFS. Which the AFS is kind of notchy looking when it turns, making question how long that will actually last. I found some older threads where folks with 1st gens had similar issues and the dealer was never able to resolve it, even after replacing the headlights. So frustrating since xenon lights were one of the reasons I purchased car.

#3 ·
Yeah I do notice them shake a bit when driving over rough bumpy roads. I just figured it due to the AFS since it moves and not fully mounted onto the headlight like normal ones. The turning lights are only notchy when turning slowly but when turning fast they are pretty smooth. I've had my car for two and a half years now and they're still functioning fine.

#5 ·
Could be the auto level. Last ride had manual level. This is first to have auto level for me. Not sure though. I got HID's. Don't really notice much with up and down. Have noticed the AFS is notchy at times. It's all in the steering wheel control so could just be me or you :laugh2:. I do love my auto leveling HID's with AFS though. Works great for the most part.

MAZDA: AFS | Active Safety Technology

Does not mention much about auto level other than says it is mated together with AFS to provide stable light distribution. Have not looked elsewhere yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.