2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm wondering if anyone with a 2012 MZ3/MS3 would be interested in swapping their center console black trim pieces with my center console silver trim (manual tranny, auto A/C, no seat warmer).

I am also interested in swapping my red LCD display that shows the A/C settings with the blue LCD display.

I am located in MD within the DC metro area.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Why not paint your console or vinyl it? It's pretty damn easy. And I don't think anyone will want to trade for silver. Seems like everyone wants to get rid of the silver.

·
Making People Mad
832 Posts
Why not paint your console or vinyl it? It's pretty damn easy. And I don't think anyone will want to trade for silver. Seems like everyone wants to get rid of the silver.
Love the silver, blacked out interiors look awful, just use carbon fiber, look stealth :p

·
Registered
437 Posts
Love the silver, blacked out interiors look awful, just use carbon fiber, look stealth :p
Mines all blue. I can't stand having the brute dash and doors all the same color. Looks to bland. All my silver is metal flake blue now and looks really good. Just recently did the headliner and visors black with all the light housings and oh sh*t handles blue. Looks better than the beige

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, I did read up on how to vinyl the trim pieces, but I wasn't sure if I would be able to make it look good. I probably should just give it a shot and see how it comes out :tongue:.

·
Making People Mad
832 Posts
Mines all blue. I can't stand having the brute dash and doors all the same color. Looks to bland. All my silver is metal flake blue now and looks really good. Just recently did the headliner and visors black with all the light housings and oh sh*t handles blue. Looks better than the beige
Pictures of the headliner, did you do it yourself?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Pictures of the headliner, did you do it yourself?
Yeah me an the roomate did it. He drives a 2010 speed 3, and I drive a 2011 2.5. We decided to do away with every ounce of beige. I'll post pics tonight when I get off work.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hmm, I did read up on how to vinyl the trim pieces, but I wasn't sure if I would be able to make it look good. I probably should just give it a shot and see how it comes out :tongue:.
It's really easy to make the vinyl look good. When I post my headliner pics later I'll include my buddy's vinyl dash set up. All you need Is a heat gun or cheap blowdryer. It stretches and forms real easy. We had never touched the stuff before our project and it came out great

·
Registered
437 Posts
so here are the pics of my headliner and my buddies carbon fiber vinyl dash set. he would post it himself but he cant seem to remember his password so he will be posting a build later lol.

Attachments

·
Making People Mad
832 Posts
Should have made a how-to for the headliner, I'm paranoid.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Should have made a how-to for the headliner, I'm paranoid.
I could throw a quick one together this weekend. It's pretty simple. Just a couple portions that are a bit of a pain just because they are awkward. I'll try and post one up tomorrow or Monday.

·
Registered
437 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.