2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got elected to be the shofer for today for my visiting parents (Fuck you sister) although everything went well except, one of the few times i would have like to used my MS3's Nav unit, it got stuck.. in New York city , in times square..... Yah.. that's on over 3000 miles from my current location. Google maps came though for me but what happened to the stock unit?

Has this happened to anyone with the 13' Tomtom nav unit?

so far i have
cycled the ignition a few times and still starts up with me in New york
Pulled the the SD card out and re installed it. still no change

i get the following errors
"unable to write to card" (and yes the slider on side of the card is not set to "lock")
at the bottom of the screen it also is stuck at "waiting for GPS signal"

am in the process of restoring the SD card back to when i first got the thing and see what happens from there

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why don't you try removing the negative battery cable and see.. Worth a shot

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
bahh that's too much like work :tongue:

did an restore on the SD card and there was a "quick fix" update that got downloaded too.

re-installed the card and took it for spin, started working, tossed some directions it all seems to be ok for now. will monitor so see if i magically get transported to New York again (or other wild location)

the small software "fix" may or may-not have been the answer but it did force the unit to reboot it's firmware (as good as pulling the battery)

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two thing,do not pull SD card while unit is on and re-install;could corrupt program and have enough memory in SD car for GPS data.
i hear that, but it had corrupted before i tried that

so far the TomTom's "fix" and my restore point have yielded it to work flawlessly so far

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahwwww *asian voice*
vary vary rare MS3
Yow MSTREE has the vary WARE telepoortation feeture.
Take advantage of yow POWA
fuck that be sweet, you know how much money i could save in gas and tires alone?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts