2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been away for a while. My son was just born on December 8th!!! He's awesome!

So I was at the hospital and someone fucked up my car! Waiting to see if anything was caught on camera!

I took this picture at work after I realized I didn't take one at the scene.

Attachments

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
So, I've been away for a while. My son was just born on December 8th!!! He's awesome!

So I was at the hospital and someone fucked up my car! Waiting to see if anything was caught on camera!

I took this picture at work after I realized I didn't take one at the scene.
Wow that's big hopefully they caught it

Reactions: BSUBigMac

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
it was prolly some douche that heard about the defect in the locks on the Gen 1

·
Making People Mad
832 Posts
not gonna be the giver or misfortune, but you need a new door :sad 1:

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Congrats on the arrival of your son. People that damage others property and don't own up to it do suck. It'll get fixed and I highly doubt your rates will go up. First time I've seen you curse in a post. LOL

Reactions: BSUBigMac

·
Registered
633 Posts
#2 on needing to replace the door, it is almost the same price to replace the door skin as to replace the whole doorshell when you factor in labour costs. Incidently you are further ahead to replace the door shell anyway, as it is easy to get a less than satisfactory repair just replacing the skin.

Pat.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats on the little man!! Unfortunately, some other douche hit my car last night in the gym parking lot (driver's side and rear passenger door. This just 2 weeks after some one with a trailer hitch took out my fron bumper...Merry Xmas :argh 1:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the best wishes about my son! He's the best thing to ever happen in my life. I have a claims person coming to my house to take pictures and inspect the damage. It sounds like I'll have to pay my deductible and they'll take care of the rest plus a rental. I'm sure the rental will be a POS but it's something.

I had a feeling the door will need to be replaced. Is there anything I should be aware of because I've never gone through a replacement part on the exterior of a car?

I did request through my insurance to have factory parts as a replacement instead of used or aftermarket. Good idea or bad?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

·
Registered
201 Posts
So sorry, man :(
My brother's Miata was parked outside of his apartment and a girl pulling in hit it on the front left quarter panel, left a note apologizing and her number for insurance purposes. At least there are some honest/decent folks out there.

On the other hand, congrats on your son! "Teach him to drive stick" should be at the top of your list :p

I'm sure everything will work out with your door and your rates won't be touched.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Congrats on your new baby but I'm sorry about the damage to your car. It doesn't look like another car hit it. I don't see any scratches in the paint. It looks more like someone body slammed it. You can probably pull that out with suction but it might need to be repainted.

Someone was probably in a hurry, having a baby maybe, and had to get to the hospital. When parking in a hospital, you need to keep in mind that frantic people will do that without knowing it.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats on your new baby but I'm sorry about the damage to your car. It doesn't look like another car hit it. I don't see any scratches in the paint. It looks more like someone body slammed it. You can probably pull that out with suction but it might need to be repainted.

Someone was probably in a hurry, having a baby maybe, and had to get to the hospital. When parking in a hospital, you need to keep in mind that frantic people will do that without knowing it.
I learned my lesson about hospitals. I'll start dropping people at the door if I need to and I'll be walking from the furthest spot.

The claims guy took pics yesterday and I'm dropping the car off Monday. I'm only paying the deductible and I get a rental, they said I might get a Chrysler 200 as a temporary replacement. I'll update on Monday.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just an update in case anyone is still following. I took my car in this morning to the dealership. They didn't bother looking at the car and just filled out paper work and sent me on my way. I went to the car rental place and was given a 2011 Ford Escape. Not a bad car, but not my style. It is underpowered, boring, has no throttle response, boring, not made for off-road use, and did I mention boring? The interior has all the bells and whistles, heated seats, leather, the Sync technology crap, etc... it's just really boring.

After running some errands I got home and parked it in the garage (and it'll probably stay there until I return it, I NEED to get out, or Christmas). A few hours later the dealership calls me and tells me they have an insurance agent coming out to re-inspect the car since they need to swap out the door instead of pulling out the dent. (DUH... I said it to the dealer and insurance company and many of you told me the same)

I'll keep updating until everything is resolved.

My only bit of advice for anyone today is to not buy an SUV!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just an update in case anyone is still following. I took my car in this morning to the dealership. They didn't bother looking at the car and just filled out paper work and sent me on my way. I went to the car rental place and was given a 2011 Ford Escape. Not a bad car, but not my style. It is underpowered, boring, has no throttle response, boring, not made for off-road use, and did I mention boring? The interior has all the bells and whistles, heated seats, leather, the Sync technology crap, etc... it's just really boring.

After running some errands I got home and parked it in the garage (and it'll probably stay there until I return it, I NEED to get out, or Christmas). A few hours later the dealership calls me and tells me they have an insurance agent coming out to re-inspect the car since they need to swap out the door instead of pulling out the dent. (DUH... I said it to the dealer and insurance company and many of you told me the same)

I'll keep updating until everything is resolved.

My only bit of advice for anyone today is to not buy an SUV!
Nothing wrong with an SUV, I love my wife's xterra. Just don't buy a crossover that thinks its an SUV.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nothing wrong with an SUV, I love my wife's xterra. Just don't buy a crossover that thinks its an SUV.
It's funny that you mention that there is nothing wrong with an SUV. I drove the family for my son's first check up and the Escape was great. I'm actually thinking about trading in my MZ3 for something more practical for a family. It's weird how 24 hours can change your mind.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Last update:

I traded in my Mazda today. After having the SUV I realized I need something more family friendly. I might be taking all my aftermarket parts off of the 3 so stay tuned all you 2.0l owners.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Been very busy, just saw your post now.
Congratulations on your son!
So sorry about the 3. Looks like maybe a pickup truck hit it since it's so high on the door.
You traded it in?! For an SUV? Say it ain't so, LOL!
So what did you buy and how do you like it?
I have to check the forum more often!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Last update:

I traded in my Mazda today. After having the SUV I realized I need something more family friendly. I might be taking all my aftermarket parts off of the 3 so stay tuned all you 2.0l owners.
Family does come first. Have fun with whatever you get. We bought an SUV after our 08 Mazda 3 got totaled, but I missed it so much that I bought another one last month. So we might see you back :)

Congrats btw.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts