2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy the Progress RSB. Anyone selling theirs or know where I can source this? Most of the online sites I've tried have said it's on backorder, and I can't get a hold of anyone directly at Progress Group.

I have a Gen 3 iGT hatch.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
You can buy it from their website. Is it not working for you?

Enter "20BUCKS" in the coupon box if you want to save $20.

I've called them a few times and they called me back super fast.
CK

Reactions: amillion3

·
Registered
139 Posts
If ordering from Progress directly, I would confirm if it is stock.

I ordered one almost a month ago from THMotorsports ($145 shipped). I am still waiting for it to arrive. They said it was on backorder from Progress with an ETA of 5/18.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered from them as well. They said it was on back order until mid June to early July. I ended up canceling with them.

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
I got mine directly from Progress last year, arrived within about a month.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most of the sites online note that the RSB will ship direct from manufacturer, which means they're all in the same boat. I ended up ordering from TH Motorsports for $145 (free shipping). Progress Group said they'll be back in stock around 6/4. TH Motorsports said they're expecting 17 or so units sometime between 6/10-6/18. So, no matter what route I go, there's going to be a bit of a wait..

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks for the update. I guess some things are worth waiting for. It's nice that the Progress rsb reportedly works just as good as any others out there and also happens to be the cheapest (to my knowledge) option. A rarity for any product.

IMO, the only downside is that it doesn't come in "pretty" colors or has fancy billet brackets as the more expensive ones, but who the heck can see all that anyways once installed.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can always color it yourself. It's at least $70 to 80 cheaper than the next cheapest aftermarket option and, from user testimony on this site, works great, if not better.

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
I will say this, none of us serious competitors out there actually putting times down have ever tried a different swaybar on a Gen 3 after we made our initial choice. The fact is, the results would very likely be within a tenth of a second, which can easily be written off as driver error during the lap or autocross run. When the results are going to be that close, I go with tried and true, reliable, well known for providing an excellent product, which for me was Progress.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Looks like Progress Auto has pushed the date back again. Now I'm looking at a July delivery.

If anyone knows of a place that has this currently in stock, please let me know!

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just cancelled my original order as several places now have the sway bar in stock. (CarID, Autoplicity (via their site and Amazon)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Mine just shipped out today (June 20) from THM Motorsports. Ordered it back in late April.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I ordered from Progress on May 10th, and put in the $20 discount code, which they say were applicable for only sway bars in stock. One day later, a reply from them that it is on backorder and was scheduled to ship out on June 5th. I replied does that mean my $20 is not applicable? They replied shortly (and they have good customer service in emailing back!) that they will honor the $20 discount as they did not update their website about the mazda 3 rear sway bar not being in stock.

Good, as it counterbalanced the UPS Ground charge of $65+ to Hawaii... Anyway they shipped it earlier (on June 2nd) than expected and I received it on June 6th. Had my Mazda dealer install it for $140 (guess their 1 hour flat fee rate) on the soft setting (suspension is all stock).. damn, turned my 2.5 gt hatch into a corner carver.

Two days later there was a black Maserati SUV that was showing off its acceleration on the straight and pulled a wide lead on me, but when we went around the street corner curve and me accelerating (no tire squeal !) while turning, man...I caught up to him and he drove away to the side...guess hurt pride !

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mine shipped out from CarID as well, the same day I ordered it from them. That's after waiting over a month to get it from THM Motorsports. I guess there's quite a demand for these.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can't wait to get mine in and installed! I installed a STB, and that made a noticeable difference so I can't imagine how awesome it'll be corning with the RSB.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got an extra Progress sway bar if anyone is interested.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts