2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just had my first oil change performed by the dealership. Car was at 6,500 miles and I think it was 6-7 months after my purchase... About two weeks before my oil change the orange wrench icon would illuminate on my dash, but it was pretty infrequent.

Anyways, i expected this had something to do with a time based service interval and that it would clear after the oil change. I'm still getting the symbol, and i checked and the oil change and "maintenance" interval were both reset by the dealer.....

Shouldn't the wrench be gone? i reset both of the fields on the computer again but i think the symbol is still there... Help!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
That symbol connects to your flux capacitor. It's saying that your car needs to go back to the dealer for a sync up of the flux capacitor wrench light issues. For further information about the flux capacitor light I highly recommend tightening your gas cap, and consulting the user manual.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I was having the same issues. It has to do with how the intervals in the oil change is set up. Change it to fixed instead of the other option and it will go away.

·
Registered
356 Posts
if you have the infotainment system, its a glitch where it might blink even after reset of maintence timer or intervals. you can fix this by doing a reboot (back, mute and nav button at the same time until infotainment reboot)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts