2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my top engine mount ( Beck Arnley PMM ) back in June 2019 due to the leaking and the car was fine after that. Didn't have excessive vibration before or after.

About 2 months ago I stated feeling vibrations when my car was in REVERSE and in DRIVE when at a stop light , sign stop.

So on saturday I changed to a Electric Ford Focus RMM, OEM strut mount and a OEM Transmission Mount. After I drove about 160ish miles the car felt fine and alot of the vibrations that I felt was gone.

Today I drove home from work and to dinner ( about 4-5 miles) I noticed a large amount of increase in vibration again REVERSE and in DRIVE at a stop light, stop sign and when parking while still in DRIVE. It comes and goes. and it also happens sometimes when I turn my steering wheel while my car is not moving.

The 2 mounts I changed are they only 2 things that I changed out so I has been to be the issue. Could the Electric Ford Focus RMM cause the issue? Or could somehow in Transmission Mount was bolted in wrong cause it? The engine did move forward while take the old transmission mount out but when putting the new now in, I had my dad push the engine to line up the hole with the bolt.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i went to a shop to get it checked out, and they said its the RMM ( Electric Ford Focus RMM ) that is causing the vibrations. I'm thinking, how could that be correct??

Any thoughts or inputs?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just took out my Ford RMM and put in my old mazda OEM RMM and I am still experiencing vibrations. So i reinstalling the Ford RMM. So that RULED OUT the RMM. Now to the Transmission mount which I just changed Saturday, New OEM Mazda Tranny Mount......UGH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts