2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
ZOOM'IN around Mid-Ohio
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Day 1 August 2012..
[/URL][/IMG]

First mods were for protection. Bug shield love it or hate it 13 months no hood dings. The sad reality is she sits in a parking lot 40 hours a week so installed Side moldings and lastly bumper guards. Originally had the windows tinted to 20% all around but the local Sheriffs dept "suggested" I adjust it so 50/20.
Next added the M3 AT pedal covers and Scuff plates. The Blue interior lights came installed by the dealer.

After winter hibernation-
Last spring got a bonus from work put it into Tein springs, K&N SRI, Magnaflow Catback, Ruff Racing 952 rims, 3mm hub spacers(had about .5 mil over the caliper otherwise) put the stock "yuckos" on them as out of cash, orange tpms, Blue Tuner lugs, Ceramic pads with slotted rotors and a shot of caliper paint.

Last things added are the Eyelids and 7500k HID blubs(chepos), want to get an actual HID kit. and a Whistler STR 695se Radar detector.

Next- on order coming this week- C/S Front and Rear Sway bars, Megan Racing Tower strut bar, Bridgestone Pole Position S04 Tires(it was between then and the Conti's). EMUSA Camber kit..
I'll post some pics of the install.

·
ZOOM'IN around Mid-Ohio
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Saturday Plans

Got most of it done anyways..

Strut Tower bar- Megan

C/S RSB

EMUSA Camber Kit

·
ZOOM'IN around Mid-Ohio
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Finished some Suspension mods. Did it in stages to see the changes as I went. Installed Megan Racing strut bar first. Not huge but did seem a little more solid up front. Put the Corksport RSB, Camber arms and Bridgestone Tires on last Saturday. Now its really starting to come along. The RSB nice and solid, The back end stays nice and grounded, much tighter response. The tires make my car feel like it was designed too.Why they take such a great car and put shit tires on them is beyond me? Today got the C/S FSB and RMM installed and an alignment.
Wow! :devil2: I'm gonna get tickets.. The responsiveness is unreal, body stays nice and level and the Car just has a little more solid feel and pull through the drive-train. Hope the RMM breaks in cause it does have a little idle vibration. Now I'm broke for awhile. But I did manage some Blue LEDS for the interior...

Thanks for the tip Kmac..

Next up - Stock rim repair and Plasti-dip.

·
ZOOM'IN around Mid-Ohio
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Rims before

After

Winters coming. Put on my Falkens which I ran for about four months last year. Great All-season for the price. Plasti-dip- 4 coats whites, light pearlizer coat
The rims may look like shit by next spring, but WTF they look good now! Just will give me another project for next year.

·
Registered
225 Posts

Winters coming. Put on my Falkens which I ran for about four months last year. Great All-season for the price. Plasti-dip- 4 coats whites, light pearlizer coat
The rims may look like shit by next spring, but WTF they look good now! Just will give me another project for next year.
Those wheels just POP with that color!

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
I think I like it better than your summer setup, honestly. Looks clean just like that.

·
ZOOM'IN around Mid-Ohio
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I like it better than your summer setup, honestly. Looks clean just like that.
Yea, I really like the way they turned out. If I still have this car when I need new summer tires I'm thinking about going to 18's with a White wheel. My Chrome ones really gotta been seen in person, my crappy Iphone pics never do them justice..

·
Registered
393 Posts
@Kjohn63 How is the drive on the stech. I was considering the RM 1.25, bu then I came across your car. Is 1.6 drop good for DD? Do you scrape or anything while driving? I plan on getting koni STRTs (would these pair up ok s tech?). What shocks are you using with the stechs?

Your car is clean. I like the colors under the hood. Those white rims pop out too. Like someone said, maybe a little more blue on the rims.

·
ZOOM'IN around Mid-Ohio
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Kjohn63 How is the drive on the stech. I was considering the RM 1.25, bu then I came across your car. Is 1.6 drop good for DD? Do you scrape or anything while driving? I plan on getting koni STRTs (would these pair up ok s tech?). What shocks are you using with the stechs?
I just have the stock shocks for now. I thought about shocks but went with Front and rear sways w different tires instead. This combination is working great for me. Nice and solid in the corners. Handling is unreal! I'm going wait till the stock struts get a little more wear before changing them. The Cars ride was not really more harsh then stock just has a stiffer feel. No major scrapes so far, mostly those little plastic things in front of the front wheels. Can't use my ramps anymore though:undecided:

·
ZOOM'IN around Mid-Ohio
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Car is looking dope KJohn! Love the white wheels! How are they with the brake dust? constantly washing?
Thanks- I've been afraid to scrub em I don't want to have them start to peel. I've just been going to the coin op hand car wash and spraying their wheel cleaner on and soaking them while washing off the rest of the car, then rinsing. So far they have stayed really clean. I run Ceramic pads so not nearly as much black brake dust..

·
Everybody to the Limit!
1,001 Posts
Plastidip is pretty solid and resists some good scrubbing. I caught a vid on YouTube by "DipYourCar.com" where he ran an entirely dipped VW Rabbit through a carwash and there wasnt any damage.
I think you would be safe to scrub with a less abrasive brush, but if you're running ceramics, that wouldnt be too often. =)
Keep up the good work brother!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I just have the stock shocks for now. I thought about shocks but went with Front and rear sways w different tires instead. This combination is working great for me. Nice and solid in the corners. Handling is unreal! I'm going wait till the stock struts get a little more wear before changing them. The Cars ride was not really more harsh then stock just has a stiffer feel. No major scrapes so far, mostly those little plastic things in front of the front wheels. Can't use my ramps anymore though:undecided:
thanks for your input bro. Finally narrowed my search to RM and stechs. Do you think koni strt would match ok with stechs? I've read that koni recommends only a 1.5 drop, even with the yelllows. any thoughts, anyone?

·
ZOOM'IN around Mid-Ohio
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for your input bro. Finally narrowed my search to RM and stechs. Do you think koni strt would match ok with stechs? I've read that koni recommends only a 1.5 drop, even with the yelllows. any thoughts, anyone?
I'm not sure, from a fitiment standpoint they should work, might wear a little faster. Still runnin the stocks with no prob and I'm sure there past their spec limits. Do a review if you get them as shocks are on the future mod list..

·
ZOOM'IN around Mid-Ohio
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Winter was rough on my 3. Driving around with my RSB on the stiff setting didn't do me any favors.
Finally got a chance to get under and start de-clunking, de-noising my car. Put some Tri-Point links on. Turns out 1 of the OE ones was popped.

Set it back to the first setting for now.
Also took out my motor mount inserts. I miss response and could handle the vibration but it never seemed to break in. Tried re-torquing but still the same. I started to notice things like my upper headlight bolts literally being loose enough to be turned by hand.
2 issues down now have a noisy front suspension(thinkin the end links) and some door rattles to deal with.

Getting new rims and summer tires ready

See ya...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts