2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front grille (and absorber) were recently damaged and I'm looking to replace them. When I was looking on ebay, I noticed the w/ fogs models are painted and the w/o fogs ones are not painted.

I was thinking the painted ones look a little nicer and if I'm replacing it anyways, I might as well get the painted one. However, I don't know if those will fit my car (which doesn't have fog lights). I was hoping someone would have experience with this.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
They're the exact same thing other than the painted vs unpainted difference. My car came with the unpainted one since it didn't have factory fog lights and I replaced it with the painted since it looks way better and it got rid of the holes the dealer drilled into the original one for the front plate. Just know that it won't come with the little circle cover for the tow hook hole so you'll have to order that too or just use the non painted one you already have

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're the exact same thing other than the painted vs unpainted difference. My car came with the unpainted one since it didn't have factory fog lights and I replaced it with the painted since it looks way better and it got rid of the holes the dealer drilled into the original one for the front plate. Just know that it won't come with the little circle cover for the tow hook hole so you'll have to order that too or just use the non painted one you already have
Perfect, that's what I was thinking. Do you know where I can buy the tow hook cover without paying too much? I might spend that money on a tow hook license plate mount instead.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
If you get your parts from oemmazdaparts.com or something similar they have it. I found out after I received the bumper cover that it didn't come with the small cover so at that point I just used the unpainted one and said id buy the painted one at some point but a year later I'm still using the unpainted one. I think it looks fine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts