2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I´ve been searching and looking around for the wiring diagram for the TAU.

I have the service manual, but the pages are blank where the diagrams should be.

Going to install a aftermarked amp and sub. Just ordered the AudioControl LC2i.

- Thomas

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi guys,

I´ve been searching and looking around for the wiring diagram for the TAU.

I have the service manual, but the pages are blank where the diagrams should be.

Going to install a aftermarked amp and sub. Just ordered the AudioControl LC2i.

- Thomas
I dunno if you will be able to find a specific wiring diagram showing the insides of the TAU, but there are others in the service manual that shows what it connects to and it has the list of what each wire on each connector does.

This list is in the service manual:

It may be different for the model you have though, but the service manual should show all the diagrams for the different options and how they interact... they are listed on page 4 or around there.

You can see here (AUDIO SYSTEM):

Those show what connects to the TAU and what else... they work on my version... not yours? I dunno what you would really need more detail on the TAU for, if you're actually gunna open it up and change it... otherwise all the connections are there...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big thanks!

Im looking for where to connect the AudioControl LC2i.
Any ideas?

The wiring diagrams do not work on my version of the service manual, so i will try to get a new version.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Big thanks!

Im looking for where to connect the AudioControl LC2i.
Any ideas?

The wiring diagrams do not work on my version of the service manual, so i will try to get a new version.

Ok which version of the Car do you have? what are the features?

Is it "Without Center Display"
Or "With Center display / NO BOSE"
Or With Center DIsplay and WITH Bose

Which one?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok which version of the Car do you have? what are the features?

Is it "Without Center Display"
Or "With Center display / NO BOSE"
Or With Center DIsplay and WITH Bose

Which one?
Center Display with Bose :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Center Display with Bose :)
ok well I uploaded screen shots of all the diagrams for that model to this gallery:

Wiring Diagrams - Minus

Here are the shots, click for full res...

I didn't read through them all... but it does reference the tuner amp unit, it is labeled WITH the connector spot number for each wire.... and color coded to the wires color....

hope that works for you... :2guns: :dancin 1:

EDIT:

You may need to update adobe PDF viewer or something, cause all those are in the manual... Every other page is blank on my version... but it still shows the diagrams, it may be a setting u have also, Like "Allow Images" or something, I remember having an issue where I couldnt see them, and then changing a setting to fix it, its like "Allow Third Party Media" or some shit... I forget...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok well I uploaded screen shots of all the diagrams for that model to this gallery:

Wiring Diagrams - Minus

Here are the shots, click for full res...

I didn't read through them all... but it does reference the tuner amp unit, it is labeled WITH the connector spot number for each wire.... and color coded to the wires color....

hope that works for you... :2guns: :dancin 1:

EDIT:

You may need to update adobe PDF viewer or something, cause all those are in the manual... Every other page is blank on my version... but it still shows the diagrams, it may be a setting u have also, Like "Allow Images" or something, I remember having an issue where I couldnt see them, and then changing a setting to fix it, its like "Allow Third Party Media" or some shit... I forget...
Many thanks! Will study the drawings :)
Any idea where i can connect the AudioControl line output device?

will try to fix the pdf reader aswell... this damn apple default reader :p

·
Registered
574 Posts

In the how to section, there are a couple threads about adding a sub and amp. Sounds like you can either connect it going into the Bose amp, under the front passenger seat or at the TAU behind the glove box.

·
Registered
79 Posts

good luck, i've been trying to find an answer for a while now on which wires i needed to tap. I have the Bose w/ display also. I was told to tap the front door speakers, which i think I did right (light green/red/purple/green on the rear black connector under the passenger seat) and now when I play my system the low bass frequencies are almost gone, but if i adjust the balance left or right on the head unit, the bass frequencies come in..and i mean LOUD I dont see how adjusting the balance (left or right) would yield the BOSE amp to do this :confused1 1: unless i cut the wrong wires..idk If you find out an answer plz pm me or just update your findings in this thread. Thanks

·
Registered
574 Posts
good luck, i've been trying to find an answer for a while now on which wires i needed to tap. I have the Bose w/ display also. I was told to tap the front door speakers, which i think I did right (light green/red/purple/green on the rear black connector under the passenger seat) and now when I play my system the low bass frequencies are almost gone, but if i adjust the balance left or right on the head unit, the bass frequencies come in..and i mean LOUD I dont see how adjusting the balance (left or right) would yield the BOSE amp to do this :confused1 1: unless i cut the wrong wires..idk If you find out an answer plz pm me or just update your findings in this thread. Thanks
From looking at the images above, I think you're on the right track. Except, I think you'd want to intercept the signal before the amp, not after. Otherwise, you're trying to amplify an amplified signal. I'd be willing to be that the channel that is getting sound to your sub, when you change the balance is the channel that you're moving from.

To get the best bass for your amp and sub, you definitely want to tap in to the front door speakers as those are the Bose subwoofers.

Reactions: gr8lab

·
Registered
79 Posts
From looking at the images above, I think you're on the right track. Except, I think you'd want to intercept the signal before the amp, not after. Otherwise, you're trying to amplify an amplified signal. I'd be willing to be that the channel that is getting sound to your sub, when you change the balance is the channel that you're moving from.

To get the best bass for your amp and sub, you definitely want to tap in to the front door speakers as those are the Bose subwoofers.
so how do i intercept the signal before the amp? pull out the head unit? in the threads i read most people just pulled the plug and tapped at the amp. idk its confusing lol

·
Registered
355 Posts
so how do i intercept the signal before the amp? pull out the head unit? in the threads i read most people just pulled the plug and tapped at the amp. idk its confusing lol
Those are the wires between the TAU and AMP which are apparently 2 different things...

These List WHICH CONNECTORS ARE WHAT

·
Registered
79 Posts
Those are the wires between the TAU and AMP which are apparently 2 different things...

These List WHICH CONNECTORS ARE WHAT

so if im looking at the diagram right (im not too confident) like @JerryO81 said it looks like i tapped the output of the amp instead of the input. I(he) would need to tap 1M,1N,1O,1P (WHITE,GREEN,RED,BLACK) correct?

·
Registered
355 Posts
so if im looking at the diagram right (im not too confident) like @JerryO81 said it looks like i tapped the output of the amp instead of the input. I(he) would need to tap 1M,1N,1O,1P (WHITE,GREEN,RED,BLACK) correct?
That seems correct, if you are trying to tap the front speakers. Just make sure you connect the correct Positive Cable to the Correct Negative cable, not that it should make a huge difference....

I'm assuming when you plug it in to the amp it has the option for both positive and negative just try to maintain the same pairs, not that it would make a huge difference.... but it might... depending on how u adjust the balance if you pair them incorrectly....

But yea, if you tap the wires that are going in to 1M,1N,1O, and 1P - You get the signal before its been adjusted by the AMP... I believe... I'm no expert with audio electronics...

·
Registered
79 Posts
That seems correct, if you are trying to tap the front speakers. Just make sure you connect the correct Positive Cable to the Correct Negative cable, not that it should make a huge difference....

I'm assuming when you plug it in to the amp it has the option for both positive and negative just try to maintain the same pairs, not that it would make a huge difference.... but it might... depending on how u adjust the balance if you pair them incorrectly....

But yea, if you tap the wires that are going in to 1M,1N,1O, and 1P - You get the signal before its been adjusted by the AMP... I believe... I'm no expert with audio electronics...
thanks man i've been looking for a straightforward answer for a while now. ill try tomorrow & report bk with the results

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks yall for the help. I managed to fix it. @JerryO81 was right, i was tapping the output instead of the input. The input for the speakers are on the smaller black plug under the passenger seat. for anyone wanting to know. Sounds GREAT now!!!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Thanks yall for the help. I managed to fix it. @JerryO81 was right, i was tapping the output instead of the input. The input for the speakers are on the smaller black plug under the passenger seat. for anyone wanting to know. Sounds GREAT now!!!!
Glad I could help and I'm glad you system sounds great! :)

Ran in to a similar issue with a different car once. Once my dogs, my house and everything stops breaking around me, I'm going to be wiring in an amp and sub to my car. I've been keeping tabs on these threads, so that I know what my options are when I get the equipment.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Can you tell me what color wires you tapped for the front speakers? I tried using the service manual diagrams, and I have a 2015 3 w/ bose. There are 8 wires on the smallest plug, and mine seemed flipped backwards or something.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Can you tell me what color wires you tapped for the front speakers? I tried using the service manual diagrams, and I have a 2015 3 w/ bose. There are 8 wires on the smallest plug, and mine seemed flipped backwards or something.
This is what i tapped: plug 1O, its Black (LH +) / plug 1M, its white (RH+) / plug 1P, its Red (LH -) / plug 1N, its Green (LH-). They should be plugged in the connector just like the image above. They are not plugged in a row, but more like 2 right above one another on the smaller connector under the seat. but not the green connector.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hey guys

I just read over this thread, as I am planning on upgrading my Bose system in my 2014 GT, and I want to thank you guys for these solid explanations. So far I just have a JL Audio 10" sub and two sets of JL Audio TR650-CSi speakers, I am planning on getting a 5 channel amp and I believe I will need a good LOC ? Thanks again for this thread.

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts