2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a Viper (3606V) alarm system for my 2018 GT hatchback. After doing extensive searching, I've had no luck in finding any wiring diagrams related to the factory alarm or other components. I'm quite experienced with wiring when it comes to vehicles. I would like to save time by not having to test every wire. I'd also like to save a $150 to have someone else install it when I can do it myself.

If any of you could provide some wiring diagrams or experiences with installing an alarm system with the 3rd gens, that would be very much appreciated :)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
If you look in the DIY subforum, you'll find the factory service manual. Problem is its for a 2014. Might match up with yours,might not. I'd imagine it will be close but honestly don't know.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,255 Posts
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a Viper (3606V) alarm system for my 2018 GT hatchback. After doing extensive searching, I've had no luck in finding any wiring diagrams related to the factory alarm or other components. I'm quite experienced with wiring when it comes to vehicles. I would like to save time by not having to test every wire. I'd also like to save a $150 to have someone else install it when I can do it myself.

If any of you could provide some wiring diagrams or experiences with installing an alarm system with the 3rd gens, that would be very much appreciated :)
Alarm installs are a pain, but for $150 labour is cheap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info everyone. I was actually able to find someone who will install it for $125. So, I'll just get them to do it. I honestly don't want to spend a whole day running/testing wires. I'd rather enjoy my weekend, especially after my sound deadening project I did just last week.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The place I used to work has has a service they subscribe to that tells them the location and color of all applicable wires for alarm installation based on year make and model of each car.

If you ask around locally you might find someone to give you that info.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, I gave in and decided to get a local retailer to install the alarm system. They mentioned it was little more challenging with the vehicle as it has "push start ignition". I ended up paying more than quoted as they installed an additional module that was compatible the with car. Grand total came to $375. On the plus side, I didn't have to deal with it and headache of the modules and am able to just use the factory keyfob. Just thought I'd give you a guys an update. Again I would've loved to done this myself as I like vehicle electrical systems but it's my daily and can't have it out of commission for a day or two. Works great though. I now know for sure that my car is armed and no more factory "honk" sound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts