2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I did several searches in this Forum and Google and didn't find this question answered -

I have an illuminated accessory (Uniden Bearcat police scanner) that I'm installing in my 2018 M3GT. It has a 3-wire power harness, the 3rd wire of which can be used to dim the display in concert with the car's dash lights. However, in my car this is an automatic function based on a sensor, so I'm assuming it's not as simple as tapping the headlight fuse. Is there any intel on what this wire would need to connect to get the auto-dim signal with the other dash lights?

Thanks for any assistance!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think that in your accessory the dim cable is only a signal line to know when the headlights are on or off. If that's the case the easiest place where you can reach this signal is from the buttons located on the left side of the dashboard (the ones for TPMS, BSM, AFS, LDWS, etc), there is a 12V wire there that has voltage only with headlights on (for button illumination purposes). In EU cars is the yellow one.

Take a look to your accessory schematics maybe is as easy as I have explained you above.

Good luck.

Enviado desde mi Redmi 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts