2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone has or has thought of installing a wireless charging pad under the front console box. I haven't removed the trim/panel to inspect if there is enough of a cavity underneath to house the charging pad (if someone has removed this in the past and has photos I would greatly appreciate you posting them), I'm just bouncing ideas to see if there is a better option then having a cable having out of centre console box and thought it would be unreal to just put my phone down and know it is charging.

Your thoughts and suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
I installed a wireless charging in my car right below the vents. I ran the wire behind the silver trim piece to hide most of the wire.

·
More free time than money
364 Posts
I took off the center console and installed a qi charger under the rubber mat under the ac unit. It did not work as the bin is slopped downward and inward on the sides, so my phone could not make contact with the sender.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply :)

I took off the center console and installed a qi charger under the rubber mat under the ac unit. It did not work as the bin is slopped downward and inward on the sides, so my phone could not make contact with the sender.
Oh that's a shame, I was looking at the slope and hoped it would be enough contact to charge.

I installed a wireless charging in my car right below the vents. I ran the wire behind the silver trim piece to hide most of the wire.
Do you mean a cradle? I cant picture where you would have enough room to rest your phone.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply :)

Oh that's a shame, I was looking at the slope and hoped it would be enough contact to charge.

Do you mean a cradle? I cant picture where you would have enough room to rest your phone.
Yes in a Wireless charger car mount. I'll take a picture of the set up when i clean the car tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts