2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all-

The 2019 Mazda 3 is my wife's first car with CarPlay, she loves it but plugging in the phone every time is a hassle, I knew she'd get tired of it. I actually added a wireless CarPlay module to my Lexus and love it. So, I ordered her one of these CarPlay wireless dongle kits to see how it would work.
Communication Device Mobile phone Portable communications device Mobile device Gadget

Set it up tonight, and so far it works great. The phone syncs up wirelessly right after the car is started up, doesn't seem to be any latency or lag, audio quality is great (wireless CarPlay uses WiFi not Bluetooth, so you dont have the music quality issue you have with Bluetooth). One of the real drawbacks to wireless CarPlay is there isn't an easy way to switch between phone users, the car kind of chooses a phone and just connects to it. The adapter has a USB input also, so we left the cord plugged into that and when I drive it I just plug in and it overrides her phone and goes to mine. When I unplug it syncs back up to hers.

·
Registered
2022 Mazda 3 premium hatchback
8 Posts
Hey all-

The 2019 Mazda 3 is my wife's first car with CarPlay, she loves it but plugging in the phone every time is a hassle, I knew she'd get tired of it. I actually added a wireless CarPlay module to my Lexus and love it. So, I ordered her one of these CarPlay wireless dongle kits to see how it would work.
View attachment 287956
Set it up tonight, and so far it works great. The phone syncs up wirelessly right after the car is started up, doesn't seem to be any latency or lag, audio quality is great (wireless CarPlay uses WiFi not Bluetooth, so you dont have the music quality issue you have with Bluetooth). One of the real drawbacks to wireless CarPlay is there isn't an easy way to switch between phone users, the car kind of chooses a phone and just connects to it. The adapter has a USB input also, so we left the cord plugged into that and when I drive it I just plug in and it overrides her phone and goes to mine. When I unplug it syncs back up to hers.
I ordered cplay2air and it works well also. I work from home so my car doesn’t move much. It sounds silly but I don’t want to leave it plugged in all the time. I’m afraid I’d have a dead battery. SoI plug it in each time I get in lol kind of defeats the purpose

·
Registered
6 Posts
I installed the wireless adapter linked below for use with my Android phone (Pixel 6 running Android 13) about three weeks ago and it has been working flawlessly so far in my 2022 Mazda3 Turbo Hatch PP:

AAWireless - Wireless Car Adapter for Android Auto™ https://a.co/eKDfbJZ
After a few months, is this still working for you? Have you found any bugs or issues?

·
Registered
13 Posts
After a few months, is this still working for you? Have you found any bugs or issues?
I've only now had the adapter for about 4 weeks. During that time there was one occasion where I was at an intersection where I needed to turn and the navigation app (Waze) showed my location as about a quarter mile before the intersection. But I don't know if that was due to a lag in the adapter or a lag in the app. And it only happened that one time. Other than that, I haven't had any issues.

When you first install the adapter, you need to download an update through the companion phone app. The update would not download when the adapter was powered on. I pulled the plug on the adapter, downloaded the update and then plugged the adapter back in, at which point the update installed without any issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered cplay2air and it works well also. I work from home so my car doesn’t move much. It sounds silly but I don’t want to leave it plugged in all the time. I’m afraid I’d have a dead battery. SoI plug it in each time I get in lol kind of defeats the purpose
I have same brand that the OP linked. I’ve left my plugged in since I got it and haven’t had an issue with dead battery or it draining the battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts