2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some help on getting the plastic harness off that covers the wires going to the solenoids on the starter motor.

The motor got shortened out and no longer works so I'm replacing it and I'm trying to get them off but I'm scared of breaking them since I've never taken this kind of harness off before.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Which wire burned up? The one between the relay and the starter or the one between the battery and the relay? Often times there is a fusable link on either the positive or negative side. I'd start there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which wire burned up? The one between the relay and the starter or the one between the battery and the relay? Often times there is a fusable link on either the positive or negative side. I'd start there.
The wire connecting to this is what burned up, I had been getting corrosion on the cable and my car wouldn't start.

So I cleaned it off and it worked for a while but when it started again I wen't to give the cable a little pull causing the piece that clips on to that tongue to rip from the cable.

Then I used a screw driver to get it started a couple times but stupidly used a small steel bar last time and I think I shorted it by sitting the other end of it onto one of the a/c piping's that are also steel.

The plastic piece I need to get off though is the one that covers the cables going to the solenoids.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already have a new starter motor and a clip to attach the wire with I just need to figure out these plastic clips without breaking them especially with it being cold now I don't want to just tug at them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts