2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

What size blade does 2018 Mazda 3 Hatchback uses and does anyone have experience with what's compatible. One idea I have was to replace them with PIAA Aero Vogue, but the rear blade appears to use one of the roclock type connection instead of J-hook, so it requires a exact fit type wiper blade. I have notice from website that Trico rear wipers exact fit did not work well because it creates a gap, resulting in possible snow build up.

Paul

·
Registered
273 Posts
I haven't found a rear wiper replacement that works. Now I use the OEM rear blade, and whenever I replace the front wipers, I use a piece cut from the best of the two old front wipers to replace the rubber wiper in the rear blade. That works because I am way more fussy about the front wipers than the rear. YMMV.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
An easy cheap option - the dealer sells the blade inserts for your wipers. It's a dead easy job to replace them. Rarely would you need to replace the entire wiper. That's a nice little scam that they don't sell the inserts so much anymore.

If you want the wipers to go really far, get a grease and wax remover in the paint aisle at the parts store. Use that to clean your wiper blades. You'll want some of those blue disposable shop towels and it will take quite a lot of effort but it works. My wipers are going on 3 years now and they work as good as new.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I ordered mine through Tascaparts dot com
Wiper Blade Refill - Mazda (BHS3-67-333)
Wiper Blade Refill - Mazda (BBP2-67-333)
your old blades have a thin metal stiffener embedded in it... retain & reuse that
otherwise it's a very easy task, saved me 30.00 compared to the dealer's offer to swap blades during my inspection...
HTHs
Gary

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got them in the mail, they did not fit because they were too narrow. Plus I realized they will need a notch in the correct position to lock in. Amazon refunded without requiring a return

·
Registered
739 Posts
I have always wondered why there hasn't been some type of universal solution to wiper blades that would make choosing the right size and installing them a simple process. Too often it isn't.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Reactions: jweeeee
1 - 12 of 12 Posts