2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
*The Electrician*
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took possession of a beautiful new 2017 Mazda 3 GT in Snowflake White Pearl. I went for the 2.5L engine, 6spd manual, and the Premium package which included leather, bose stereo, HUD, ect ect. So far I am loving this thing, I have barely touched the throttle and I can already tell it is much quicker than my previous Honda Accord. I have many plans for mods but it will likely be a slow process.

FUTURE MOD LIST
-Small exterior touches
-Corwin9 MZD theme(Deadpool)
-Custom single exit axle back exhaust
-AEM panel filter
-17inch rims with Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires
-OEM Aluminum Pedal set
-Weathertech floor liners(Front/Rear/Trunk)
-AURA LED interior lighting kit

*More pics coming soon*

·
New 2010 Mazdaspeed 3,
6 Posts
Cool! I wasn't aware that you could get a Premium Package with a 6 speed! I wish that were an option on the CX-5! It looks good and you have a great car!

·
*The Electrician*
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can get a gt with a 6 speed, just no tech package.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Yeah the i-loop thing isn't available on this model, but I wasn't really interested.

·
*The Electrician*
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Finally took some more pictures, also added my first three mods. Yes, I know its dirty, and yes, I will be washing it again soon lol.

Mod #1
-Green M&M

Mod #2
-CG Lock

Mod #3
-Corwin9's MZD Deadpool Theme

New Exterior Pics

Upcoming Mods
Here is a taste of what's to come

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice mods! I had no idea themes were available for the infotainment center. I will have to explore that sector of the forums more.

·
Registered
383 Posts
FYI, if you are going to take off all the rear emblems, be prepared to have holes that you will have to deal with. Atleast on the 2014-2016 there are holes under the "MAZDA" and the "M" on the hatchback. You can safely remove the skyactive and the "3" though.

·
*The Electrician*
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FYI, if you are going to take off all the rear emblems, be prepared to have holes that you will have to deal with. Atleast on the 2014-2016 there are holes under the "MAZDA" and the "M" on the hatchback. You can safely remove the skyactive and the "3" though.
Yup I have been warned of that already, lol a few times actually. I have not decided if I will debadge yet, but if I do I will make sure the holes are filled properly.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You can get a gt with a 6 speed, just no tech package.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Just want to clarify things for anybody else reading this. For (U.S.) model year 2017, the Grand Touring trim can be equipped with the Premium Equipment Package and i-ACTIVSENSE® Package. The Technology Package that was previously available for the s Grand Touring trim for (U.S.) model years 2014-2017 included i-ELOOP Regenerative Engine Braking and could only be equipped on vehicles with the SKYACTIV®-DRIVE 6-speed automatic transmission. For (U.S.) model year 2017, the i-ELOOP Package is a separate package.

Save the manuals!

OP, congratulations on your new 2017 Mazda3 Grand Touring MT 5-door! Thank you for being a Mazda customer and welcome to the Mazda family!

·
*The Electrician*
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Finally making some progress on my build, got my Rally Armor mudflaps installed, ordered my MX5 ND Miata shift knob, and had my first oil change already lol. I will post some new pictures in a couple hours. Next up is exhaust, should have it done hopefully in 2 weeks and will post pics and videos.

The rally armor mudflaps were a fun little project, the fronts came together really simple and easy. The rears everyone says remove the rear wheels but it just isn't necessary if you have the right tools. Things I used to help me, a deep socket 14mm for the cap/nut at the back of the rear wheel well, a small ratchet with 8mm socket and phillips bit, a small flathead screw driver for the pop-clips, and my super long arms lol. For the rears there was 2 holes to drill in the plastic, using the method of marking it from the rear while it was still attached after removing both bottom screws to accommodate the marking process was definitely the best option. I used a 1/8th drill bit for a pilot hole and then my 1/4inch to open it up. All in all I am very happy with the looks of them and will definitely be having these on all of my future cars.

·
*The Electrician*
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Exhaust is now complete, replaced oem muffler with a vibrant resonator, single exit, random used tip, very deep tone, not too loud at all. Minimal drone and its baritone sounding so not like that nasty rice drone that sucks and sounds like ass. Very pleased with the results, all told I spent under $250 for this setup. I would definitely do it again.

https://youtu.be/aytxCLf5pYY

·
Registered
383 Posts
Looks nice. I would probably be interested more in a dual-exit still though. Did you have to provide the resonator or did you just go into the shop, tell them what you wanted and they had/ordered the stuff and welded it up? I'd love to get one made but it would kind of depend on how much a dual-exit would run the price up. At what point would it just be more economical to buy one pre-made from borla or whatever is your manufacturer of choice if you know what i mean.

·
*The Electrician*
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks nice. I would probably be interested more in a dual-exit still though. Did you have to provide the resonator or did you just go into the shop, tell them what you wanted and they had/ordered the stuff and welded it up? I'd love to get one made but it would kind of depend on how much a dual-exit would run the price up. At what point would it just be more economical to buy one pre-made from borla or whatever is your manufacturer of choice if you know what i mean.
I provided a resonator, tho Im sure they could have ordered one in. I didn't want to go with dual exit for the extra cost and weight savings. It will be cheaper to do what I did, even if you go dual.

·
*The Electrician*
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1 Posts
Build looks good man, did you DIY the mud flaps or buy the car specific kit? Looks like you did the kit, but I just bought the DIY version and was wondering if you had any pointers if you went that route.

·
*The Electrician*
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Build looks good man, did you DIY the mud flaps or buy the car specific kit? Looks like you did the kit, but I just bought the DIY version and was wondering if you had any pointers if you went that route.
It's a rally armor kit, very straightforward install, i advise removal of rear wheels, less hassle 👍

im planning on the same exhaust set up on mine.
Can you provide some more pics of it, from the underside?
Will do, gimme a day or two👍

1 - 20 of 22 Posts