2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search of the forums and didn't find an answer to this, hoping you guys can help. Does my passenger side wiper need to be adjusted? It seems to be sitting quite high on the windshield and I was wondering if everyone else's car was like this too. This is a 2015 Mazda 3 i Touring I recently purchased, loving the car so far!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Just checked my wipers, which seem to sit in a similar position to the ones pictured.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yeah, something doesn't look right. Here is a pic of my 2016 i Sport wiper positions. Notice how my blades are completely in black area, your passenger side blade doesn't seem to go all the way down.

·
Registered
372 Posts
It seems to be sitting quite high on the windshield and I was wondering if everyone else's car was like this too. This is a 2015 Mazda 3 i Touring I recently purchased, loving the car so far!
Did you buy it new? Definitely take it back for warranty work. That's some really sloppy assembly work if it came from the factory that way.

The fix is likely simple: windshield wiper arms are usually splined and held on with a single nut, so all you have to do is remove the nut (and probably a plastic trim piece covering the nut), pull the whole wiper arm straight off, rotate it to the correct position (it's probably off by one spline), put it back on, replace the nut and trim, and you're done.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I did a search of the forums and didn't find an answer to this, hoping you guys can help. Does my passenger side wiper need to be adjusted? It seems to be sitting quite high on the windshield and I was wondering if everyone else's car was like this too. This is a 2015 Mazda 3 i Touring I recently purchased, loving the car so far!
Surprised they don't hit LOL! They should be below the line where the clear glass meets the black.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I might take a crack at adjusting the nut myself. Removing the trim part was easy and now I just need to figure out what size wrench will work. Thanks everyone, seems like a sloppy assembly job but an easy enough DIY fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts