2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys have any suggestions for good sunshades to purchase. Im not looking for any OEM Mazda sunshades just looking for one to fit the car and do its job!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Search e-bay and amazon for a company named intro-tech, they make custom fit shades and car dealers sell them. They run around $35 and are pretty durable.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Search e-bay and amazon for a company named intro-tech, they make custom fit shades and car dealers sell them. They run around $35 and are pretty durable.
I'm seeing conflicting info about the Intro-Tech sun shade for the 2015 Mazda 3. Amazon only has Covercraft brand for this car. Autosportcatalog.com says the product is not available for the 2015 Mazda 3. But Autoanything and CARiD both show it available.

·
Registered
159 Posts
What's wrong with the OEM sun shade? Bought mine from dealer for $8 and it does a great job lol.
How did you get yours for so cheap? :surprise: I thought they were about $40+ for the oem ones.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i just bought the starwars sunshade off of ThinkGeek and it fit perfectly i didn't even bother measuring when it said fits most cars

·
Registered
574 Posts
For $8 you can go to Costco and get a jumbo sunshade. It also comes with two side window screens. Works really well and it's a great fit! Picked one up last weekend.

·
Registered
22 Posts
How did you get yours for so cheap? :surprise: I thought they were about $40+ for the oem ones.
Yeah..what he said...$8........where ?
YES WHERE!?
That's what I thought too since I was looking at Mazda's accessories website (although it's US based and I'm from Canada) and it was listed as $60 or something. I was prepared to pay it at my Mazda dealer where I bought my car and it rang up for $8. I actually said to the guy "Wow, so cheap!" and he said "I can charge you more if you want." I'll take pictures and post it later. My car has been bearably cool during the hottest days last year.

·
Registered
283 Posts
That's what I thought too since I was looking at Mazda's accessories website (although it's US based and I'm from Canada) and it was listed as $60 or something. I was prepared to pay it at my Mazda dealer where I bought my car and it rang up for $8. I actually said to the guy "Wow, so cheap!" and he said "I can charge you more if you want." I'll take pictures and post it later. My car has been bearably cool during the hottest days last year.
also, please provide part #.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Oh that kind of sun shade. Thought it was the custom fitted ones that you got for $8 lol The custom fitted ones fit the windshield perfectly, it's the stiffer and more sturdy one and folds up but it's around $50'ish.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah, no lol. Those cost more of course but that's why I said what's wrong with the one for $8? Works and does what it needs to do. Used it practically every day for 9 months straight. It's been folded and tossed around in the car often and it's still going strong. The OEM fitted ones for the 3 is $60 on the US Mazda accessories website. I'm not sure if Mazda Canada even sells them but I didn't bother asking. For $50-60, you can buy many of the ones I bought that would last you a life time.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just ordered the Inter-Tech Ultimate for my sGT Hatchback. It was about $55 with sales tax. With the black leather interior and the Infotainment screen sticking up, I wanted the best protection, and I liked the folding vs rolling of the cheaper version. Also comes with a driver's door screen that looks like it will be very useful when I'm driving near sunset with the sun to my left.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts