2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I lower my front windows a little the window is loose and bumps around while driving. is this a common problem with the 3? It's done it since I bought the car new (only a few months old now)

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Does it rattle? My does shake a little going over bumps but doesn't rattle. If it rattles take it in.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess it would be called a rattle because I can hear it when it shakes

·
Registered
138 Posts
My driver side window rattles but my passenger side does not. I've been meaning to take it back to the dealer to get it dealt with.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to have to leave the car eventually to have them look at the erratic idle so I'll add this to it.
Not looking forward to them taking apart the doors though.
I also notice my fuel door opens when I pop the trunk open from the inside but that's not a big deal

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
The windows are loose to some extent on all the 2010-2013. The early 2010's were worse than they are on the later models. It's the design. Very poor.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe I shouldn't bother then, but it's an odd feeling to have rattling windows on a brand new car

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
If I have my window partially down and close the door I can hear/see it move but ive never noticed it while driving

·
Registered
3 Posts
If I lower my front windows a little the window is loose and bumps around while driving. is this a common problem with the 3? It's done it since I bought the car new (only a few months old now)
I have the same issue, so I just roll my window down half or all the way down.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This car lets in more wind than my older car so I don't like it down that far

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine rattles as well on my 2012 Skyactiv, took it to the dealership and they took the door apart and tightened some stuff but said it was a problem from the factory and there wasn't anything else they could do, still rattles and it drives me insane. If anyone finds a fix for this i'd love to hear it!

·
Registered
102 Posts
My 13 drivers window does the same thing. I either have it all the way up or all the way down. I tried it half way down and then made little adjustments with the switch but it still jumps around. It's not a deal breaker but it would be nice if the windows were a little more solid in there tracks. I won't let the dealer touch it for fear they'll tear something up taking the door apart.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info, I won't bother having the dealer look at it. It's ridiculous for a new car to do this out of the factory without a fix for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts