2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm really wanting to do window visors as my next "mod". I thought I wanted In-Channel, but maybe stick on are the ones I want. I want a sleek clean look without looking tacky or bulky.

Does anyone have a suggestion for which looks best? I would really appreciate photos of both kinds, if possible, on our model (I know what they look like on other things).

Thanks!

·
Registered
720 Posts
These are current OEM. I know they are adhesive but don't know if they are channel.

Reactions: Road Trip

·
Registered
25 Posts
I went with stick on ones off eBay, They look really good but if I could go back, I would spend a little more and go in channel.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Hello fellow west coaster. I have been thinking about this as well. I am looking for the in channel ones probably the weather techs.

On the website they are 99.95 plus 15 bucks shipping. If you call in and say you say the AAA ad they give you a 5% discount but still charge you the 15 bucks in freight.

Let me know if you find a better deal out there.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
I prefer the closer-in/tucked look of the OEM's, and also their rear tail goes further back and looks sleeker.

Of course, this is one sleek looking car to begin with!

Attachments

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
I love the OEM ones. Low profile, perfect fit, plus a little deflector / channel built in at the door mirrors to deflect rain up and over the mirror - helping mirror visibility in nasty weather.

Reactions: Road Trip

·
Working Class Hero
3,666 Posts
Only comment o have with the Weathertech visors is a bit of increased wind noise from the drivers window. Otherwise, they're all good.

Sent from a Samsung that doesn't explode.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies. Looks like the OEM ones are the look I'm going for. What kind of deals are people getting them for, and how difficult are they to install? I saw something about clips but not sure if that's the OEM ones.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Only comment o have with the Weathertech visors is a bit of increased wind noise from the drivers window. Otherwise, they're all good.

The OEM add as well a bit of increased wind noise, it is unnoticeable with music or when having a conversation, but on complete silence it is a bit annoying to say the least....

·
Registered
988 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. Looks like the OEM ones are the look I'm going for. What kind of deals are people getting them for, and how difficult are they to install? I saw something about clips but not sure if that's the OEM ones.
Installation depends on your technical skills , but it's fairly easy, Max 20 to 30 min, just follow the instructions on the manual. (I remember from the manual that you can install them either with the adhesive or as in-Channel without the adhesive)

Pricing varies from dealership to dealership or from store to store, approx. 150$

I think TascaParts is the best place where you can buy from, they never disappoint:

SIDE WINDOW DEFLECTORS for 2016 Mazda 3|BHN1-V3-700 : Genuine Factory OEM Parts & Accessories | TascaParts.com

Good luck!

·
Working Class Hero
3,666 Posts
The OEM add as well a bit of increased wind noise, it is unnoticeable with music or when having a conversation, but on complete silence it is a bit annoying to say the least....
True that. I had oem visors on my old 6 hatch, and while they looked great there still was a disruption of airflow if you will. The wind noise with the Weathertech units originates inside the channel where the visor snaps in, apparently distorting the weatherstripping just enough.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reactions: M3MX5M3

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I've always used weathertech in channel visors on my previous cars. I love them and they look nice but the only thing I don't like is when closing the rear windows the window will hit the visor and doesn't close smoothly. Happened on my 2002 maxima and 2009 pontiac vibe gt. I feel it puts too much pressure on the window motors after using them for a while. However, I have the OEM ones now on my mazda and I love them. They are stick on with some clips that goes inside the window weather strip. They are very low profile and looks very sleek on the car. Plus, they do not interfere with window operation. So my vote goes for the stick on ones :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just purchased AVS stick-on ones from Rockauto. They look similar to OEM ones, hopefully they are. Will update when they arrive.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was looking at getting these as well. Please let me know what you think!
Just received them yesterday. Got them put on today. They don't meet in the middle like I was expecting, but they still look pretty good IMO. Couldn't get a good straight-on side picture because of the sun, hope these pics suffice.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just received them yesterday. Got them put on today. They don't meet in the middle like I was expecting, but they still look pretty good IMO. Couldn't get a good straight-on side picture because of the sun, hope these pics suffice.
I think they look pretty good as well. How does the wind noise seem? That was my only other concern.

·
The Adventure Mazda
152 Posts
I went the weathertech in-channel route with my 2014 and had to return them due to poor fitment. They would hang down on the ends and also like mentioned the rears would hit on the way up. I have gone weathertech on previous vehicles and loved them, but the mazda 3 they dont look or function properly. Luckily they are the absolute best with customer service and take returns at any time if you are unsatisfied.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts