2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 3i Hatch. It has the driver's side window with auto up and down but it has recently stopped working. It goes up and down but stops when you let go of the button. I can feel the notch where if you go past it, it is supposed to continue moving if you let go. But the auto function doesn't work. What did I do wrong? Can a simple person (me) fix it?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have a 2015 3i Hatch. It has the driver's side window with auto up and down but it has recently stopped working. It goes up and down but stops when you let go of the button. I can feel the notch where if you go past it, it is supposed to continue moving if you let go. But the auto function doesn't work. What did I do wrong? Can a simple person (me) fix it?
driver windows in general all kind of car work at the same circuit. the different between manual and auto close or open are the timing , the automatic close and open i think its less than 1 seconds or around to push the key up or down. if you keep press it more then it will switch to manual ( windows stop ) :smile2:

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Try "reprogramming" it. Hold the window in the auto down position and keep holding it. once it hits the very bottom, continue holding it for 5 seconds. Next, hold it in the auto up position and continue to hold it all the way up. Continue holding it in the up position for 5 more seconds once the window is all the way up. See if that works.

If that doesn't work then there's a chance the sensor that helps it automatically go up and down may have broken and you need a new one. And if it's not that, then there might be some fault in the circuit switch that allows it to happen.

Have you disconnected the battery or have the drivers side door apart at all?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never heard of reprogramming the window. Don't think I ever had the problem in previous vehicles. The battery did discharge due to some electronics left on.

The hold the button down for 5 seconds trick worked. Amazing. Thanks.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Great info @Chazzy J. I did not know about Mazda, but do know several brands, when their batteries get low, they "cut off" non essential electrical functions to help insure the car will start. As one example, on my GM, when the battery gets low, I have to "re-index" my automatic window up-n-down feature, as what happened here.

I learned in this thread that Mazda has this non-essential electrical cut off feature, also how to re-index its windows. Thanks.

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Great! Glad it worked for you! Cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
My 2012 window auto down/up stopped working yesterday. I’ve used the reset method a few times in the past with success. That’s not working this time.

What else could it be?

·
Registered
191 Posts
On my old Mazda6 i had to hold the lever for about 10 seconds after it was fully down or up. i could hear an audible click noise when the reprogramming was accepted. maybe you only have to hold it a while longer?

also, i dont think that there is a distinct sensor, i would rather guess that the motor current consumption is measured.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts