2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey hey! New Mazda 3 owner (all of two weeks now!) and I noticed an issue the other day that I haven't been able to fix or find an answer to beyond going to the dealer.

I got the 2010.5 Graphite Moca hatchback grand touring, love it!

So my problem. The window will go all the way down on the auto-down function, but when you use the auto-up the window is kicking on the jam-safe feature and rolls down to half way. I can still use the switch normally to put the window up all the way.

I've tried to set the window multiple times using the:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Press the switch and fully open the window.
3. Pull up the switch to fully close the window
and continue holding the switch for about 2
seconds after the window fully closes.

Don't think I'm forgetting anything. Anyone experience anything like this? I've checked for debris along the seal and haven't been able to find anything.

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
Hey hey! New Mazda 3 owner (all of two weeks now!) and I noticed an issue the other day that I haven't been able to fix or find an answer to beyond going to the dealer.

I got the 2010.5 Graphite Moca hatchback grand touring, love it!

So my problem. The window will go all the way down on the auto-down function, but when you use the auto-up the window is kicking on the jam-safe feature and rolls down to half way. I can still use the switch normally to put the window up all the way.

I've tried to set the window multiple times using the:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Press the switch and fully open the window.
3. Pull up the switch to fully close the window
and continue holding the switch for about 2
seconds after the window fully closes.

Don't think I'm forgetting anything. Anyone experience anything like this? I've checked for debris along the seal and haven't been able to find anything.
take it to the dealer. Your steps to reset the motor are right on target, but some manufactuers have different methods for resetting the full up full down sensors. Had that been an Acura TL your problem would have been solved if that makes you feel any better lol. When you take it to the dealer and if they deem it just to be a reset, try and find out how it was done. I am sure in the future there will be members looking for just such a fix for the same problem and the more knowledge the better!

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
try disconnect the battery for a few minutes (negative terminal, to be exact), then set the window. if that fails, then yep, dealership.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts