2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has happened more than 5 times. I usually drive around in the city with all windows rolled down.

Right before I hit the highway I roll them all up. Once at highway speeds, i get this intermittent wind noise (sounds like roaring static) that comes and goes. Once I slow down again, i roll down each window one by one and roll them back up to make sure its tight. Some times I still get the noise.

It does seem the power window motors seems pretty weak since it takes a bit longer to roll up than my 10 yr Toyota.

I checked the window seals and they all look ok. I want to bring it to the dealer but i am hesitant since its very intermittent...

Anyone ever experience this and have a solution?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
lol yeah a lot of reviews says this car has a lot of wind noise

·
Registered
123 Posts
I haven't noticed any wind noise yet, just road noise, but it's still really quiet compared to my MINI Cooper ha.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Most of the noise through the cabin in a 3 is due to tires.

Most wind noise comes from the mirrors; especially in this newer design not a lot of aero was put into them like it was on the FRS/BRZ to cut down on the noise.

Curious if rain guards will cut down on wind noise on the gen3; they do on the gen1, slightly, but some.

Between tires, and lack of insulation, you have a light and nimble car at the risk of slightly noisy interior.

·
Registered
752 Posts
its a mazda.. end thread my rain guards did seem to cut down on wind noise a little.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts