2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,392 Posts
hmm wierd it works for me. yeah it seems to be 5x108. any way to adapt them?
thank you!
Adapt? No. If you want new rims, there are tons of different styles available that do fit. Just FYI rims that fit the 3rd gen MX-5 will also fit the Mazda 3. If you have not seen it, there is a huge wheel and tire thread....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Adapt? No. If you want new rims, there are tons of different styles available that do fit. Just FYI rims that fit the 3rd gen MX-5 will also fit the Mazda 3. If you have not seen it, there is a huge wheel and tire thread....
the thing is I have this set for free so id rather try to use these than buy new ones.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You could do a hub conversion to make it 5x108. You'd be the first one I'd know of.
It is a lot more work, money, pain and time than getting rid of those rims and putting that money towards a set that works right.

·
Too Many Projects!
368 Posts
To make this work, you'd have to do one of the following:

- Convert the hub to a 5x108 setup (as stated you'd be the first that I'm presently aware of and it would be an involved project.

- Use wheel adapters, however the ones I've found looked rather unsafe and I wouldn't recommend running them under any situation.

- Have the wheels redrilled for the Mazda bolt pattern, which would be costly.

Your options are limited and you for the money you'd spend on a hub converison or redrilling the wheels, you could just as easily get a different set of wheels. Plus, there's also the question of offset, backspacing, etc. working with the Mazda. It's not reasonable to try and make the Volvo wheels work when there's plenty of different designs readily available for our cars in my opinion.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gotcha. well thanks everybody for all the help. guess imma have to stick with my ugly silver stocks unfortunately :(. thanks tho!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts