2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello,
I found a set of these rims for a very good price near me and just want to make sure that they would fit without needing to roll or mod my fender or struts. I ran some online check but I think its always best to make sure before I get em.
here they are
https://www.extremecustoms.com/prod...-year=2016&c-make=1128&c-model=3&c-vid=225845

im waiting to hear back form the guy about what size the tires are, but in the meantime what size options would even work with these?
update: just heard from him the tires are 215/45/18

I put them into willtheyfit.com and the results are attached.
im new to this and am still understanding the effects of all these measurements.
any help is GREATLY appreciated!!
thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those rims will not fit. Bolt circle has to be 5x114.3, not 5x112.
I may be wrong but I believe these rims have two sizes available, the 5x112 and the 5x114.3 (or 5x4.5) if you look in the screenshot on the other size it says: alt bolt pattern - 5x4.5.
I may be wrong but let me know. also thanks so much for helping me out.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
great so 18x8 with 215/45/18 and +49 offset should fit without any rubbing or problems at all?
thanks so much for all of your help!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hey quick question. I am picking up the rims tomorrow. anything I need to look for when buying them used? also will my stock lugs fit or do I need new ones? if so what do I need?
also the hub is 73mm so do I need a centering ring? or will it be fine without?
thanks so much for any help I really need it haha

·
Super Moderator
6,408 Posts
Cracks, out of round, bent, curb rash, anything that might indicate damage. Used rims should always be suspect as you never know what they have been subjected to.
Your lugs will still fit the studs but you might want to get a set of spline drives. Many aftermarket rims have narrow lug wells, and normal sockets either don't fit inside or fit tight and mar the finish inside the well. The splines have a much smaller drive diameter so that won't be an issue.
Its up to you about the hub centric rings. They really don't do anything except make it a bit easier to align the lugs when putting the wheels on. The downsides are the aluminum rings can oxidize in place through galvanic reaction with the steel, and the plastic rings can melt if your brakes get too hot.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cracks, out of round, bent, curb rash, anything that might indicate damage. Used rims should always be suspect as you never know what they have been subjected to.
Your lugs will still fit the studs but you might want to get a set of spline drives. Many aftermarket rims have narrow lug wells, and normal sockets either don't fit inside or fit tight and mar the finish inside the well. The splines have a much smaller drive diameter so that won't be an issue.
Its up to you about the hub centric rings. They really don't do anything except make it a bit easier to align the lugs when putting the wheels on. The downsides are the aluminum rings can oxidize in place through galvanic reaction with the steel, and the plastic rings can melt if your brakes get too hot.
thank you so much for all this info. which exact lugs do I need? like what size? thanks

·
Banned
842 Posts
Aside form the common sence things posted to look for and check :punk:

When I , we(the shops I work in) or our affiliated group of specialty shops (mostly Performance) get "used custom after market or highly specialized factory wheels we will place them on a spin balance machine and check balance and amount of weight to zero balance the wheel by itself. Then measure for trueness of the outer & inner lips and more importantly the "barrel" of the wheel. Most any shop that does tire/wheel installation can do this at a very low cost. It only take about 15 minutes for all 4 rims.
It is well worth the investment.

·
Super Moderator
6,408 Posts
Threads are 12x1.5. Any spline drive will work. If you want to spend the money, 2-piece Mcgard spline drive lugs have a floating seat that won't gall the rims when you torque then.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aside form the common sence things posted to look for and check :punk:

When I , we(the shops I work in) or our affiliated group of specialty shops (mostly Performance) get "used custom after market or highly specialized factory wheels we will place them on a spin balance machine and check balance and amount of weight to zero balance the wheel by itself. Then measure for trueness of the outer & inner lips and more importantly the "barrel" of the wheel. Most any shop that does tire/wheel installation can do this at a very low cost. It only take about 15 minutes for all 4 rims.
It is well worth the investment.
are you suggesting I do that before purchasing the rims?
because I am picking up the wheels and immediately going to pep boys to get them balanced and installed, so if they are installing them I shouldn't have to worry about hub centric centering rings right?
thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Threads are 12x1.5. Any spline drive will work. If you want to spend the money, 2-piece Mcgard spline drive lugs have a floating seat that won't gall the rims when you torque then.
just picked up some 12x1.5 spline drive lugs from pepboys. hope they fit *fingers crossed*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts