2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello (this is my first post here so sorry if it's a bit sloppy) but I was wondering if these would fit on my white 2015 M3 iSport, not very car smart but I wanted to get rid of the standard hub caps for my trim level and I found these while scrolling through eBay and they look like a steal. I would have preferred OEM 18s but for my price range, it's not very easy to find them so I was wondering if anyone knows how they would fit or if they would even fit, thanks in advance. Tried to link post but my post count isn't high enough so I took some screenshots of the page, opinions on the wheels themselves would also be helpful.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
B R U U U U H H H H. For $340 a wheel you're better off going with a quality, lighter aftermarket wheel from Enkei or OZ, especially if you're stepping up from 16 to 18.

·
Registered
431 Posts
B R U U U U H H H H. For $340 a wheel you're better off going with a quality, lighter aftermarket wheel from Enkei or OZ, especially if you're stepping up from 16 to 18.

Set of 4 over these neck of the woods = 4, not 1.

So that would be $340 for 1 set of 4 wheels, Not $340 for 1 wheel.

Did you read a different advert than the one posted ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Whoops. My bad. I shouldn't internet at 11pm when I have work at 4am.

RE: The wheels though, I'd find out the weight of those 18s. Coming off a CUV, they may be significantly heavier than the OEM MZ3 18s, which already weigh in at a hefty 26-ish lbs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Decided not to get those but, I found a local STEAL for some 2012 WRX STI 18x8.5 wheels. These come with the Michelin tires and all four wheels, weight wise I looked it up and even though they're pretty wide wheels they actually weight .2 pounds less than the OEM 18s off the Mazda 3. Since they're soo wide not sure if they would fit (help please), it's $350 for these.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Decided not to get those but, I found a local STEAL for some 2012 WRX STI 18x8.5 wheels. These come with the Michelin tires and all four wheels, weight wise I looked it up and even though they're pretty wide wheels they actually weight .2 pounds less than the OEM 18s off the Mazda 3. Since they're soo wide not sure if they would fit (help please), it's $350 for these.

Mazda 3 (3rd Gen) specs;

Bolt pattern: 5x114.3
Centerbore: 67.1mm
Wheel size: 18 x 7"
Offset: +50mm
Tire: 215/40R18

2012 STI specs

Bolt pattern: 5x114.3
Centerbore: 56.1mm
Wheel size: 18 x 8.5"
Offset: +55mm
Tire: 245/40R18

That offset and wheel size may be an issue but would need to be checked.

The centre bore has you screwed though unless you get the rims machined out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It might be easier to do that until you can afford a quality set of 17s or 18s.

But how were the STi wheels only going for $350? I sold a set of 4 2006 STi wheels, no tires, for $800 earlier this year. Were they bent and misshapen?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope they looked like they were in perfect condition, I was also surprised. I guess some people just don't know the value of their wheels

1 - 11 of 11 Posts